What's new

3D Put THE MASK on now! (1 Viewer)

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
If memory serves, there are roughly 15 3D minutes.

This was the first 3D movie I got to tape off of TV in November, 1986. The Blackstone bits were fun. I'd like to see those in proper 3D sometime. Shame they aren't an extra on the disc.

Question: are the anaglyphic glasses only being included on the DVD release or will they also be with the Blu?

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
We looked into it but there are licensing issues with the Blackstone footage. Plus, the one-inch masters are MIA.

The Magic Mystic Glasses are replicated to the precise size of the original and do not fit in a Blu-ray case. I'm on it with Kino and looking at options.

Don't light the torches and storm the castle!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Bob Furmanek said:
The Magic Mystic Glasses are replicated to the precise size of the original and do not fit in a Blu-ray case. I'm on it with Kino and looking at options.

Don't light the torches and storm the castle!

Fold them in half and make them fit, we don't care! :D

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
Well, the only thing to do is order both DVD and Blu Ray. Oh, well.

Sorry to hear about the Blackstone footage. From what I know, much of it was his magic act. Woulda been fun.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
Look, in terms of the 3D Film Archive, the glass is full, Bob. The fact that you're not using the cut-up 3D Video Corporation cut but the complete movie, including the long unseen prologue, is enough. Would I dig the Blackstone footage? Absolutely. Will I still buy it? Of course! Will I buy the DVD to get the Mystic Mask? Yep.

Look, you could release The Stewardesses and I would buy it.

Did I just write that?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Bob Furmanek said:
I offered our restoration to Shout but they weren't interested in releasing a 3-D Blu-ray.

I have to see how much longer they have rights to the anaglyphic version.

Thank God, their compression is rubbish and they always seem to filter some of the film grain.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Bob Furmanek said:
I offered our restoration to Shout but they weren't interested in releasing a 3-D Blu-ray.

I have to see how much longer they have rights to the anaglyphic version.

I have to wonder about their reasoning for turning it down. Perhaps authoring a 3D Blu-ray was beyond their expertise? Or maybe they don't think 3D sales are strong enough.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
They paid the former owner a pretty hefty advance and it's so deep in the red, they'll never break even!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
We are very pleased to announce that "One Night in Hell" will be a bonus extra on our upcoming 3-D Blu-ray release of THE MASK!

From internationally award-winning animation studio and production company Unanico Group, and visionary rock musician Brian May, a 3D phenomenon of 1860s Paris is unleashed on the 21st century. “One Night in Hell” is a devilish and spectacular animation short that tells the story of one skeleton’s journey into a stereoscopic Hell. The film features exclusive new music from Brian May & the Czech National Symphony Orchestra. http://www.onenightinhell.com/

TEASER_THREE_2.jpg

one_night_in_hell_diableries_animation_5a.jpg

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
...and a Tom Weaver commentary! ...will listen to his Creature from the Black Lagoon commentary in preparation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks