What's new

Pushing Daisies - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The second of the last three aired yesterday.

Water and Power

Another really good episode.
We get Robert Picardo in this episode.
Along with characters Simone and Bubble Gum back for Cod.

And we finally get the story about Cod we've been waiting for.
getting his daughter back

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Kerplunk

Honestly, I didn't like this series finale.
Even though it has a nice little fitting ending for
MAJOR SPOILER Chuck revealing to Lilly and Vivan that she's alive
But they use less than two minutes to tie up every loose end for all the major characters. I thought it was rushed, forced and just a "there, we ended it for you" type of ending.
Which I'm sure wasn't on purpose but at the fault of ABC, and then leaving Fuller to just give us "something"
I just didn't find it a fulfilling series finale.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks. I surely would have missed it. I had to wipe my DVR a few months back, and I lost it as a series recording. I also lost legacy shows like Veronica Mars that I was keeping on my series list, which isn't important but is kind of sad. :frowning:

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
I'm looking forward to taking another trip to the Pie Hole, even if its only for a few episodes. I've missed this show and I'm happy ABC was nice enough to air the final episodes.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I almost wish they hadn't now. That was excellent and brings the regret of the show being canceled back strong. I don't like the Chenoweth showtunes the local legends channel plays, but I got an electrical charge out of "Hello."

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Gotta love a nod to 'Savannah Smiles,' one of the unheralded great family films of my childhood.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
Great episode. I was going to wait and see how it all ends before I decided whether or not I would by the blu-rays but I had such a good time watching the recent episode that I've decided to buy both seasons regardless of how it ends.

I too like the songs Kristen Chenoworth has sung on the show. I had "Eternal Flame" stuck in my head for weeks after she sang it earlier in the season (last season?).

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Nice little shout-out to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom! Loved Olive and Emerson's current g-friend working together.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Re: Series finale last night. Funny and bittersweet, just like the rest of the show. The aunts are out of the house and performing again, reunited with Chuck and (IIRC Ned) accompanying them, Olive and Randy have their own restaurant now, and Emerson is finally reunited with his daughter (although shown in shadow.) The actual wrap-up took like 2 minutes. Sad to see this go, but I may purchase the series on BluRay.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm also sad to see this show go (thanks for nothing ABC while you continue to extend the lives of a lot of questionable programs!). Not only was it an interesting and quirky show, but it had a great "techniclor" color palette that was refreshing and featured two of the greatest "Broadway" style singers together (Kristen Chenoweth and Ellen "suddenly Seymour" Greene) in the same program. As others have said, the ending was quick - but at least there was a last act.

I hope that Eli Stone gets to wrap thing up as ABC treats another good show to a Saturday Massacre.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks