What's new

Pushing Daisies - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I'm pretty sure they're just burning off episodes that were produced for last season, but never aired. And give Jim a break guys. ;) If you don't like it, don't watch it, but it is a perfectly pleasant show that keeps some nice people employed (I have a nodding acquaintance with one of the producers and always had a thing for both Courtney Thorne-Smith and Kimberly Williams-Paisley) and enough people enjoy it to keep it on the air. Yes it is comparatively cheap to produce, and yes, ABC owns it. But the idea that it was only kept alive because the network is making money off syndication sales misses the point that syndication buyers actually want the show. As with ABC itself, local stations find that Jim does well enough for them on a cost-per-ratings-point basis to be worth keeping around. Something that can't be said for a lot of higher-profile shows.

Granted Jim is like a twinkie compared to the gourmet pastry of PD, but sometimes you don't want a rich and complex desert and are just in the mood for a twinkie.

I say live and let live. :D

Regards,

Joe

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I am going to miss PD a lot. I am glad that ABC picked up Scrubs. Maybe NBC will return the favor and pick up PD.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I am really going to miss Olive. She was my favorite on this show. I love her little musical numbers and her witty lines.

This really has me crushed. I haven't been watching a lot of television lately and this show was one I looked forward to every week.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't count on this happening. Another network picking up a series from another network only occurs rarely. It is usually shows that have been around for 4 or 5 seasons, and have a proven track record.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Now that NBC is going to have 5 less hours of scripted programming a week, it is even less likely.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Charles Charles is a real jerk. If I were Ned, I would have touched him again already.

Too bad this couldn't be picked up by one of the pay-cable nets like HBO or Showtime. It would seem ideally suited to their shorter season format. USA might also be a good home. They seem to get good play from their quirky shows like "Monk" and "Psych."

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I think it must lead up to his getting touched. We already know that touching someone within a few hours of the first time and they are permanently dead. But what if several days or a longer period has passed? Ned doesn't really know what will happen. He only knows the experience with his mother, which I guess was the longest between two touches (except perhaps some food?).

It could be that he finds out that Charles Charles remains "alive" and then the question will be whether to test Digby and Chuck. That would be one way to give the story an ending and resolve their relationship.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I'm sure he wants to, but he figures that would be the end of him and Chuck. It would be cool if he found out he could now touch Chuck, but that would mean Charles would still be around. I guess he wouldn't be such an asshole if he knew Chuck wasn't in danger every second.

I'd rather this go the movie wrap-up route than comic book wrap-up, but would it be theatrical? Like with a lot of these shows, it might be hard to get a movie greenlit when audiences didn't want to see it for free. I wouldn't mind DTV, if that isn't too expensive to produce. I doubt if ABC will go for a network airing.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Olive and Emerson make a really great team. I like how he called her "itty bitty" toward the end.

It's always great to see Mary Kay Place again.

eta:

Update!!

From Ausiello Files,

Pushing Daisies is not going to end on a cliffhanger.

Question: Pushing Daisies was just wonderful last week. It left me smiling until I remembered there are very few episodes left. Cheer me up with some positive scoop. -- Myra

Ausiello: This should do the trick:
We're getting closure, dammit! The series finale will no longer end on a cliffhanger, as I previously reported. Through the magic of post-production, Bryan Fuller and his team managed to tack on a completely new beginning and ending to the episode. "We're doing a lot of work in post to shape it so that it is satisfying for the audience," Fuller tells me. BTW, rumor has it ABC may air Daisies' final three episodes on one night in early January.

Here's the link.]http://=http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/...39;s the link. For the spoiler hoes.

And here's Kristen's number from last week:

She also sang a few seconds, a capella this week.

This is just one of the reasons I'll miss this show so much.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I can think of two more.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Loving this week's episode. I can't believe they called the Norwegien's bus, "M.I.L.F.". And Emerson's explanation of men as dogs - well, it was a kind of poetry :D

"Ve don't look a gift whore in the mouth."

Joe

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I guess there are three episodes to go. We see Ned's father in the present (again? I think he was in the Pie Hole in previous episode). Will Ned see him as well? How did he end up being there in time to save them? Did Chuck's father somehow contact him and they both got Dwight Dixon's body out and arranged to "explain" his death? Or was it just one of them?

I am really going to miss this show.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was blah about the episode, mainly because I have a semi-irrational dislike for Ivana Milicevic, who played the female Norwegian. She keeps popping up in shows and movies I like and the moment I see her that's pretty much the end of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks