Pushing Daisies - Season 2

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway
This was one of my very few "must see" shows. I watched all of last season, more than once, and still bought the DVDs the day they came out (which I never do). I still have a lot of other shows that I watch, but I don't care if they pile up in the DVR--I'll get to them eventually. This one, though, I couldn't wait to see.

This is now my official position as well, except that I'd replace "eventually" with "quickly."

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I'm one of those who cannot watch PD when it airs, and usually must wait until the weekend to watch in on ABC.com (their online HD is gorgeous on my 46in Bravia.) I am so disappointed that ABC cancelled this and Eli Stone.

Marty M

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
And now I find out that ABC is canceling Dirty Sexy Money, as well. It has not been a good second season for ABC shows, has it?

mattCR

Executive Producer
Reviewer
Real Name
Matt
No. It's actually surprising ABC didn't come up with a way to market this. Ford is basically footing a big slice of the production bill of "KR" because it uses all their cars. Alias did somewhat the same thing.. I'm trying to remember the car they kept referring to in the seasons of that (was it a Matrix? Or something like that)

You'd think PD would have been ideal for them to slip in tons of in-show promos.. get Sara Lee / CoolWhip / whatever to foot part of the bill

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
The problem with product placement in this show is people end up dying in horrible ways in every episode. Not something you want people thinking about when they bite into a cookie.

Is there no chance another network could pick this up? It always felt like more of an NBC show to me, if that makes any sense.

Malcolm R

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Even if they offered, I'm not sure Bryan Fuller would accept. From all the quotes I've read from him over the past month, it sounds like he's happy to be free and can't get back to Heroes fast enough. Not sure why he's so ready to abandon PD, but he doesn't seem too disappointed that it was cancelled.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
The Network might have started suggesting "Improvements". That will usually put off talented creators. He also might have envisioned it as having a fixed timeline and the Network wanted something they could parlay into that 100+ episode syndication bonanza. He might have also not been able to bring any other writers along that saw things his way and doing it all by himself wasn't what he signed up for.

Who knows? Maybe he'll talk later.

While I don't do the comic scene, (but I have a friend makes his living selling collectible comics at conventions), Graphic Novels would be a nice way to continue the story. (Dead Like Me, also)

NeilO

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Well, tonight's episode definitely has set events converging to some resolutions in the near future. I really want to see the next episode right now!

Malcolm R

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Because people would prefer to watch insipid, unoriginal garbage than stretch their intellect in any way to appreciate something original and interesting.

Even better news...the umpteenth season of According to Jim premieres this week on ABC.

Marty M

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
I can't figure out how According to Jim keeps coming back season after season. Is this show owned by ABC so it is cheaper to put on the air?

PaulHeroy

Stunt Coordinator
+1 to the list of folks deeply saddened by news of PD's demise. It's literally been a bright spot in the TV schedule. Even though I've become more jaded due to the obvious trend over the last decade of so many quality shows being killed early, PD charmed me so much I hoped for an exception.

Greg_S_H

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I wasn't looking forward to the mystery of the week since the Chuck stuff is so interesting right now, but both halves were top notch. Maybe it was the singing number or maybe it's because we're moving ever closer to a resolution of Chuck and aunt and mom, but this one could stand among the best of season one. I don't know how many more episodes we have, but I hope they stay in this groove.

NeilO

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
I did see a recent article that said that it is owned by ABC and apparently they get a decent chunk of change for it in syndication, so the more episodes they have the more they get on the syndication end.

Regarding last night's episode - that was fun. The accidental death caused by Chuck's Dad staying alive was nicely handled. I had a feeling that was what was going to happen, though I was partly fearing that they could have pulled major tragedy on us and have it be her aunt/mother.

Neil

Kevin Hewell

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I just kept being reminded just how tiny she is standing next to Ned.

The woman does have a killa voice.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lozovoz