What's new

Pushed in dome tweeter (1 Viewer)

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to say that using regular ol' scotch tape to pop out my pushed-in dome tweeter worked. It was pressed in since I got it. Just taking a peice of tape and gently pressing it against the dented areas, then quickly pulling out brought the dome back to life. It took a few tries to get it right, but it looks as good as new now!
I read that a few people had success by doing this, and sure enough, it worked! woohoo!!
This forum rules! :D

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
I had success popping out a fabric tweeter dome by using the metal hose end of my vacuum cleaner!

Mark Amayao

Stunt Coordinator
hey dave i like the spotlight treatment of your equipment on your page ..... howd you do that?

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
Suction does work well too. This weekend I was livid when I pushed in my tweeters on brand new speakers. Two lips and some inhaling and VOILA! like new.:)

Phil_DC

Stunt Coordinator
I have also heard of people using a hair dryer to heat up the dome to soften it up before using the scotch tape. They claim they get less crinkles after it pops out. Although I have never had reason to try it, seems logical.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Does a pushed in dome affect music in any way
Possibly.. it will affect the dispersion of sound from the tweeter. So, you could end up with some wierd diffractions. Whether this is audible probably depends on the size and shape of the dent and how sensitive you are to the change in sound.

Depending on your dome style tweeter, it may have 3 or 4 screws that hold on the face plate. If you remove the face plate you can usually get at the back side of the dome and gently press out the dent with your fingertip.

I've had to do this a few times with my aluminum domes thanks to my toddler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks