What's new

Purpose of two HDMI outputs (1 Viewer)

TerpGC

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Wenthold
I am shopping for my first decent home theater setup, and have noticed that some receivers have two (or even three) HDMI outputs. Obviously one is for my television. What would I use the other for??

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A second (or even third) TV. My receiver doesn't have HDMI but I use a 4 input/2 output HDMI matrix switch box from Monoprice. One output feeds the projector and the other feeds the TV in the living room. Either one can connect to the two DirecTV DVRs, the Blu-ray player or the Roku.

mpompey

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Michael Pompey
Sam, you ever have any problems with your 1008? Overheating on anything like that? I'm thinking of leaving Yamaha and moving over to Onkyo.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Don't put anything on top of it, let it get hot. Mine sits on top of an AV stand. If you want to buy a camp stove. Buy an Integra DTR 7.8. I have one. It keeps my pot of coffee warm(kidding...but it probably could).

mpompey

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Michael Pompey
I gotcha. My Yamahas have never had a problem with heat over the years. But a couple of folks have told me to watch out for it from the Integras. I'll keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks