Purple Polar Bear sighted...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Max Leung, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

2. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

*sniff* *sniff*
    I dunno. I smell something fishy. It looks like someone did a poor Photoshop editing job. There are a lot of purple spots on the bars and the floors of the cage.

Add to the fact that it would take months for the bear's full coat of fur to grow out purple. I don't see any patches of his original fur color on it.

And finally, a Vet wouldn't say that its fur will change back in a month. Hair cannot change color unless it is dyed. The vet should have said that the bear will not start growing fur in the original color until another month.

3. Chazz_S

Chazz_S Supporting Actor

Definitely looks photoshopped. I can't imagine any creature looking that color unless it was dyed or dead.

4. James St

James St Supporting Actor

5. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

Ahhh, so the medicine is sprayed on. That explains everyting!:b

The purple cage is from overspray. And the vet said it will change back in a month because that is when the bear will be allow to swim in the pool to wash it off.

Sorry for jumping the gun.

6. MickeS

MickeS Producer

How cute! [​IMG]

7. Chazz_S

Chazz_S Supporting Actor

I figured the medicine was sprayed, but the first picture still looks very photoshop-y. The second pic is very convincing though.

8. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

Gentian violet was very commonly used in (vet) medicine when I was a wee tyke. That's tyke , before any smart remarks. [​IMG] I remember putting it on my dogs and horses, but only on a lesion; I can't imagine applying it to the whole animal.

9. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

Reminds me of one of those old women who hang out in the malls, or in your grandmothers cribbage club [​IMG]

10. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Supporting Actor

polar bear fur is colorless, it's see through, what gives them color is their skin