What's new

Purple-ish oval on HIT 32UDX10S (1 Viewer)

Jon Duke

Stunt Coordinator
Hello.

Within the last week I noticed a discoloration near the upper right hand corner of the TV screen of my Hitachi 32UDX10S. It appears to give the picture a purple-ish hue in that 2 inch in diameter oval.

I do have Paradigm Studio 60's unshielded on the sides, but moving them have not altered this discoloration, nor have I made any changes to my home theater since this began.

Does anyone know what this is? Is this something I can fix myself or will I need to take it to someone. There are not many Hitachi dealers in Maine, particularly near where I live so DIY options are preferred. Also, is this a costly fix?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help...

Bob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
I live in Northern Maine and I can tell you there are no authorized hitachi service centers in Maine, I've been down that road myself, but if you have a warranty on it then they have to find somebody to fix it. If you don't have a warranty take it to a local shop that gives cheap repair estimates. I have the 36udx10s. It definitely sounds like a magnetic problem. If those speakers are right up against the side of the tv it may have damaged it over time, just guessing tho.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Try unplugging the TV and letting it sit for an hour. Then plug it back in and power on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks