Pure curiosity about SVS drives me to find SVS owners in my area : )

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris PC, Dec 23, 2001.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I have a Mirage sub myself that I picked up on sale but I would love to hear someones SVS subwoofer some time. I am in Ajax, but I am curious who from the GTA and surrounding area, from Durham, to Richmondhill to Mississauga has an SVS subwoofer and would be willing to demo it some time in the future at their conveniece. I hear all the hoopla and attention focused on SVS subwoofers and I'd like to attach a listening experience to the mass of opinions in my mind about these SVS subwoofers. Thanks for any info [​IMG]

2. Trevor_J

Trevor_J Second Unit

Chris, I'm in the Toronto Area (401 and Meadowvale) and I'd be happy to give you a demo of my twin 20-39's if you're interested.

3. Tim Kilbride

Tim Kilbride Stunt Coordinator

I too would like to find someone in my area (New Orleans, LA) who would like to demo their SVS's...I currently use 2 Boston VR-500 + 4 Aura Pro Shakers. You may email me directly if you are within an hour or two...
    Thanks
    Tim Kilbride
    KilbrideTP@aol.com

4. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

Trevor-

I have a single 20-39cs but I'd like to hear what your dual setup sounds like in comparison. What's your room size like?

5. Trevor_J

Trevor_J Second Unit

My room size is very large. The theater is set up in the corner of an open concept basement so the twins were a necessity.

6. LarrySkelly

LarrySkelly Stunt Coordinator

Chris,

I've got a pair of 16-46's in Whitby. Be glad to let you hear them. I'd like to organize something to have a few of the local members over in the new year.

Larry

7. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

How far is Whitby from Etobicoke?

We should have a crazy night where everyone brings their SVS(s) and we have a massive 10+ subwoofer setup and play all the bassy movies at insane levels.

A true "subhuman" gathering.