What's new

Purchasing Swan 4.1 Super HT system (1 Viewer)

Bernie_A

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I am going to go with the Swan 4.1 Super HT system with (4) 4.1, a C3 center and corporate Sub10BC sub. What's the overall opinion of this set up? I am excited as hell personally considering I have a pair of 20 year old JVC fronts, a 10 year old $50 polk audio center and 15 year old 'baby sized' Infinity rear speakers that the paper has actually dried and pulled away from the cone....I'm not even sure they work anymore...haha

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I have 4.1 mains, 2.1 surrounds, a C3, and a DIY AV12 sub. I'm extremely happy with the Divas and i'm guessing you will be too. That said, if given the opportunity to do all over again, I would have probabaly gone w/ 2.1s as mains. The 4.1s are great speakers and slightl better than the 2.1s w/ a slightly deeper richer sound, but the difference is isn't worth the $200 price difference. I'm also no wanting to upgrade to the 6.1s or 5.2s as mains, so the 4.1 may have been an unneccesary intermediate step for me. If you don't plan on upgrading the mains anytime soon the 4.1s will be fine but the 2.1s are a VERY close competitor and a better value.

Also, unless you plan on listening to alot of DVD-A or SACD multichannel music, the 4.1s may be a waiste as surrounds. I would say get 2.1s as surrounds and use the difference to move up to the 5.2 mains.

Also, there are better value subs out there. The Sub10 only makes it down to 33hz, which is probably fine for music but you'd be missing alot of information on LFE heavy soundtracks. Tha Adire Rava is available for the same price from Adire Audio and is pretty much impossible to beat for $400. It uses the well respected Shiva driver, a 250 watt amp, and a well built sealed cabinet. It's got output down to 25hz and sometimes more in-room. It would also give you great driver/amp for a DIY project down the road if the small sealed enclosure isn't going deep enough for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks