Purchasing Paradigm Online

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael De Costa, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Michael De Costa

Michael De Costa Stunt Coordinator

It seems that no one ever talks about purchasing Paradigm systems online. Does this mean that their speakers are not carried by any online vendors? If Paradigm speakers are much cheaper in Canada where they are made, I would expect Canadian dealers to be able to ship them to the US? There must be some major point I am missing or I would expect these forums would be listed in recommendations various Paradigm on line dealers. Can someone please help clarify this issue for me. Thanks.
    ------------------
    At my singnal, unleash HELL.......

2. Michael Yung

Michael Yung Stunt Coordinator

Paradigm does not allow online and mail order sales. From what I understand some Canadian dealers use to this but it has stopped for a while now. There are quite a few places in NJ that sells Paradigm and Paradigm Reference speakers. Six Avenue Electronics is one of them and if you try, they would give you a discount. Otherwise you will have to do what I did which was drive all the way up to Canada and buy directly from a Canadian dealer. Good luck w/ your purchase.

3. Eric Bass

Eric Bass Second Unit

As I understand it, Paradigm does not allow any online sales of it's products. Same with Klipsch.

4. Michael De Costa

Michael, thanks for the info. I actually purchased Paradigms from 6th Ave in the past, and am looking to upgrade and go the either the Ref. or Studio's. 6th Ave did offer a discount but I was not aware of any other dealers in the area to compare their prices to. It's too bad NJ is so far away from Canada. I would love to be able to drive 1 to 2 hrs to save $500 to $2000 on a complete system. Thanks again.

5. John M Miller

John M Miller Stunt Coordinator

Actually, I have seen Klipsch speakers online from a variety of sources. uBid, for instance.

6. Mike BB

Mike BB Auditioning

For Paradigm in the North Jersey area, try Rabson's on Route 4 west in Paramus, just east of Route 17.
    Mike

7. Westly T

Westly T Second Unit

This is getting a little OT, but Klipsch are all over the web. Authorized retailers like The Good Guys offer them on the web!
    ------------------
    - Wes
    My Home Theater
    The MMG were replaced with 1.6QR's and added Marantz MA-700's. SVS is here. Ok, allot more then that has changed, I'll update my page some day...

8. Jamie Colquhoun

Jamie Colquhoun Auditioning

Michael, Try AVI electronics on RT 46 east in little falls.
    I got a great deal on my studio40s and my cc.

9. Troy_S

Troy_S Agent

I'm Toronto Canada (paradigm everywhere) I'd buy them for you and ship 'em. I'd of course charge a small fee for my time but you would still end up saving money since the canadian dollar is low right now and since Paradigm speakers are cheaper in Canada.
    E-mail me if interested I can check into some prices for you.

10. John Cain

John Cain Second Unit

If I wanted to buy Active 20's in Canada, is the electric current, and outlet plugs the same in Canada as they are in the US??
    -- Cain
    ------------------

11. Zbigniew

Zbigniew Stunt Coordinator

Yes.
    _zjt

12. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

You could send an email to this guy.
    [email protected]
    He'll send you an FAQ on what he is doing and why.
    He auctions off new PSB and Paradigm Stuff on EBay regularly. Don't know if he is still doing Paradigm, haven't seen any Paradigm auctions lately, but he still has PSB stuff on Ebay. I think he'll still deal Paradigm though, just through email requests.

13. Eric Bass

Eric Bass Second Unit

Huh...I stand corrected. Funny though I was just in a conversation with a guy who said Klispch was getting down on retailers because they weren't supposed to be sold online. Must have been bad info.

14. Michael De Costa

Troy,
    Thanks for the offer, and I very well might be interested in taking you up on that. I will take a trip this weekend to my local Paradigm dealer and see what prices they give me. Based on what kind of discount they can give, then I will have a better idea on what to do. You can email me at [email protected] Thanks for the offer-Michael