Purchasing new tv

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kerry S, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Kerry S

Kerry S Auditioning

I am going to be purchasing a new tv shortly after Christmas. I have taken preference to Toshiba products. I have been debating with my self as to whether to purchase the Toshiba 34hf81 which is hdtv,tubed, and widescreen. I am also considering the purchase of the Toshiba 42" projection, hdtv and widescreen. I am willing to listen to anyone's sujestions.
    Thanks

2. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    this should be posted in the TV & projectors area.
    ------------------
    -Thomas
    My HT

3. Mike Voigt

Mike Voigt Supporting Actor

Kerry,
    first, welcome to the Home Theater Forum!
    Second, there are any number of good to great TVs out there. The best place to ask on the HTF is in the TVs and Projectors area, so I am moving this thread there. You can get to it from here by clicking on the link just under the title in this thread. This thread will show up as locked, but the new one over in TVs and Projectors will be open for continued input.
    Regards,
    Mike

4. Jeff Leeds

Jeff Leeds Stunt Coordinator

Going for a bigscreen is the way to go. While many people think you get a "better picture" from a sealed tube, once you go bigscreen, you'll never go back. I have had a 60" Hitachi SDX series 4:3 TV for almost 3 years now. It does an squeeze for some disks (must be certain aspect ratios) and will be replacing this with a widescreen in a couple of years. But now that the wife and I are used to this, when we watch movies elsewhere on sealed tubes we both notice it just lacks that film-like quality you get with the projection TV. This includes my brothers WEGA XBR that looks frankly like crap to me.
    I'd go for a big screen if I were you, you will not regret it.
    ------------------
    Jeff Leeds
    [email protected]