What's new

Purchasing first 5.1 HT speakers Monday...need help deciding (1 Viewer)

RichST

Grip
Hey all,

I've already ordered a refurb HK AVR225, but am having trouble deciding on the speaker setup. 2 options:

Option 1: JBL NSP1 + Dayton 10" sub ($305 total)
Option 2: Infinity HT-20 5.1 w/ 12" sub (~220-230 on HK's ebay auctions)

Is the bigger 12" sub worth it, or are the NSP1's way better than the Infinity satellites?

Thanks for any opinions!

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I would go w/ the NSP1/Dayton 10" combo. The Infinity sub may be 12" and 150watts, but it's frequency response is only 45hz which is not low at all. Also but the NSP1 package and Dayton 10" sub are proven winners and pretty much the standard as far as the price range goes. The infinity package i've never heard mentioned and that's usually saying something.

Hope this helps :)

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Another vote for the NSP1/Dayton combo. I asked for recommendations in the same price range, and that seemed to be the most popular setup recommended. The N24s will play lower than those small Infinity satellites, giving you a better blend w/ the sub.

The little bit extra you'll spend will get you more than that amount improvement in sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks