1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Purchasing a pair Polk LSi15 on EBay - Need advice.

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by GeraldClyde, Mar 16, 2005.

1. GeraldClyde

GeraldClyde Auditioning

Everyone
    I am really tempted to purchase a pair of Polk LSi15 off of
    Ebay. Is it wise to buy something with so much value or is it too risky?

2. jeff.m

jeff.m Agent

i but stuff off ebay all the time. the key is to look at the seller's rating and number of reviews. if you have a seller with 3000 reviews 97.6% satisfaction rating then you should be alright. but if you see someone with 25 reviews and only a 50% satisfaction rating then stay clear of them.

just make sure you read the auction very carefully.

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

New or used? If new, comes with a manufacturer warranty? Any kind of guarentee?

Personally, I have no problem buying amps, receivers, pre/pros used. But anything with moving parts like a DVD player, speakers, or subs, I stay away from. Too much chance for prior abuse that can affect performance.

4. Max F

Max F Second Unit

I've had very good luck buy my speakers on e-bay. I've bought my surrounds and center from two different buyers. In both cases the condition was excellent! They looked brand new. People really do take care of their stuff, especially if they know they may sell it later for an upgrade. I think speakers are definitely worth buying used. I'm usually not a very lucky person either, but no problems so far with my limited experience with e-bay. You just need to know what you are looking for and what a good price is.

5. MikeWestdal

MikeWestdal Auditioning

Also, e mail the seller and ask specific questions about the Polk Ls15's. And ask when the speakers will be shipped, have them insured and have the seller give you a tracking number. I bought my Polk Lsi9's on eBAY and got them new for a great price from a great seller. Hope this helps, good luck.