Purchased JVC RX-9010 Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark O'Donnell, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Mark O'Donnell

Just purchased one of these recievers and I am awaiting shipment. I was on a budjet and choices were Pioneer VSX-D810S and this one. I felt that the extra features of the JVC were ones I would eventually use more and would not really need the extra rear speaker for my current setup. The reviews at audioreview.com were favorable and the price was right.

Are there any other forum members that have this reciever and would like to offer input on their setups, or any tricks to setting this reciever up?

Thanks,

Mark OD.

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I bought my daughter the 9010 as a Xmas present & she loves it. She lives out of state so I don't know what it sounds like but she had her boyfriend set it up for her & he said it sounded pretty good to him for the money & he has an Onkyo 595. He told me the JVC was not as "clean" as his Onkyo but it wasn't that bad. I got her the JVC because after checking all the features on the other low end receiver's nothing compared with the JVC's. I especially got it for her because it has seperate tape deck & cd Recorder loops for her tape deck & cd recorder which to get on other receiver's you have to get up into the $800 range. Her boyfriend also told me that her computer sounded really good through it, another thing most other receiver's don't have. I also liked the idea of being able to set each input including tone controls for exactly how you like it. This came in handy because her boyfriend adjusted everything for her & the receiver will remember it so all she has to do is select the source she wants & she will never have to fool with the receiver & she LOVES THE RF REMOTE. He also told me he ran the pair of subroom speakers to her bedroom & added a speaker switch & put 2 more out on her patio & the remote worked from outside with no problems at all. When I listened to receiver's in the store's before I bought one I really could not tell much difference in the sound quality between any of the lower priced Sony, Pioneer or Kenwood models. I know people on this forum seem not to like JVC receiver's & prefer the lower priced Kenwood's instead. For features the only thing the JVC is missing is Dolby Pro-logic II. All I can tell you is that if her boyfriend thinks the receiver is pretty good & he's a rabid Onkyo fan, I'm sure you will be happy with it unless your an audiophile. She has her tv, cable box, 2 vcr's, a dvd, a Nintendo (front inputs) turntable, tape deck, cd player, cd recorder & computer (front input) all hooked up to the receiver & she has had no problem at all working everything & if she can work it I would say anybody can. Again, that's why I liked the idea of set it up right once & it's done. Hope this helps you out & if you don't like it I hope you can return it.