What's new

Puppy shoots man (1 Viewer)

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
Yes, he loaded the gun, he set the table for the accident to happen on. I totally agree. As an owner of multiple guns, I can whole heartedly say this guy is an idiot.

Shot in the wrist isn't fatal? Tell that to people that have killed themselves with razor blades. If you sever the vein in your wrist, you bleed out. Very well could have been fatal.

Just because somebody kills animals in what in his mind is a justifiable killing, doesn't mean he beats his wife. My reasons for hunting are very similiar to this guys reasons for killing the puppies. Hunting is 'thinning the herd' and helping nature to re-achieve the homeostasis that we destroyed by reducing the number of deer in a population so that it more aptly fits the food supply that nature provides. In effect, hunting is a merci killing so that deer or his brother doesn't stave to death and break his legs in the winter snow. I HAVE NEVER HIT ANOTHER HUMAN.

So, what some of you are saying is that this man deserved to be shot, or killed, because he was doing what, in his mind, was the humane and correct action? so, every hunter should be drug out into the street and shot? Every person that puts down a lame horse should be put down themselves?

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Looks like the saying has to be modified:

"Guns don't kill people, other people and dogs do."

I fall in the category that doesn't feel sympathy for an idiot playing with a loaded gun.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Hmmm, shooting puppies is the same as hunting for food or putting down a lame animal. It's ok though, cause he thought it was the right thing to do. What an absolutely frightening thought. I side with the puppy, after all he was justified in trying to defend himself.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

Andrew, as has been said before, this man had options. If he was trying to "do the right thing", why didn't he simply take the pups to a shelter? This case just strikes me as being about a slightly disturbed man looking for whatever flimsy reason he could find to shoot the animals. YMMV.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Ah, but hunting is "Legal", what this guy did, is NOT legal.

That's the BIG difference here.

Adam, hunting is one thing (as long as it falls under the guidelines of the law), but what if a hunter were shooting his gun off in his back yard or inside his house? Wouldn't that mean this guy has NO clue and is likely a menace to himself and society?

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric

Heaven help the people who work at the animal shelter near you... Not all of the animals get adopted you know....

Luis S

Supporting Actor
How can there be any similarity between this and hunting? Are you friggin kidding me? Hunting is either for survival or sport. Either way the animal has a chance, even if its slight, to get away. What this asswipe did was barbaric and cruel. Period. And the puppies werent lame either. Justifying what he did as "thinning the heard" is. This was cold blooded execution. Hunters code doesnt apply here thank you.

There is no good reason to do what he did. The jerk is lucky to not have been killed. There are plenty of places for those puppies to go.

And as for shelters, that is an ugly truth indeed Eric. However I doubt many Puppies are put to sleep if any. They're usually the first to go to a good home. Unfortunately the older dogs are on death row. :frowning: Id adopt them all if I could, but for now 1 adoption will have to do. All I can do is point people to the local humane society and hope they give an older dog a home. Hope this guy learned his lesson.

Later,

Luis S

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor

No... you're missing the point.

These puppies weren't lame, abused, hurt, or disfunctional in any way. Why was he shooting them? Really?

Hunting is one thing. Killing for the joy of taking an innocent life is another. What's legally sanctioned by your state is another matter alltogether. You'll never get people to agree on any of those three subjects (see animal rights activists, anti-fur protestors, some vegetarians, etc), but I think you'll find that most people agree that killing a baby-dog is pretty low.

Moe.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I hope you realize the difference between what the animal shelter does and what this guy did.

Like the executioners on death row, I would hope you see the difference between them and someone who goes into a store and kills people with a rifle.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Surely you're smart enough to figure out the difference between a LEGAL activity and an ILLEGAL one, right? His intent is immaterial (even if you buy it, which I don't), it's still a crime to kill a pet. I personally don't hunt, but my brothers, father and grandfathers do/did. I find it insulting to compare the killing of a innocent domesticated baby pet with the killing of an adult wild animal for food and/or population control.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Not as much as you would like to believe, it varies according to the area but I have two friends who were in the field, one who worked at an animal shelter & one who worked at the humane society and on the whole 4 to 5 out of every 10 puppies taken in every moth are put to sleep. More so for the animal shelter than the Humane Society who as far as I believed never did put animals to sleep but the reality of economics are fairly harsh.

I'd rather have them put to sleep (a nice, kind sounding phrase isn't it?) then wind up at one of these hoarders you see on the news, 800 animals in cages all starving to death and living in their own feces.....humans are great.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Thats heart breaking to hear Kevin. :frowning: I cant give any exact numbers for my area but I visit the local humane society regularly as well as their website. As far as I can see the pups for the most part are adopted right away. I have honestly yet to see a pup left behind. That place is packed just about every day with families looking for a new pup. Though its rare its always nice to see a family adopt an older dog. Chokes me up a bit I must admit. Hope this guy never forgets this incident.

Later,

Luis S

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Lends credit to my practice of never buying a pet. Too many waiting to be adopted.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
This is why we should all listen to Bob Barker... GET YOUR PETS FIXED!

If you don't want puppies... take the dog in to get spayed.

He deserves the shot in the wrist for the lack of common sense.

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a dog lover and i love my dog more than anything.

If you don't want your dogs,send them to a place where they will be very happy to take care of them,but god, just don't kill them.

Crazy Society...

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

I hope not, and defintely if you did it shouldn't be posted in a public forum. Of course if you ever did maybe they weren't alive long enough to complain. :D

I hope you can see that we all just have a very low opinion of this guy and his overwhelming display of "intelligence", "compassion", and "methodology" makes us all just simply believe this guy just seems to contribute less too the good of society than dogs he tried to eliminate. We most likely would all be more compassionate if this was a hunting accident, pups was in dire strait (maybe hit by a car and suffering profusely), or self defense but it was none of the things we could put ourselves in a position to make a similar decision. This guy just didn't do the right thing on so many levels most of us feel he received karmic justice.

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
Perhaps my point is being missed.

I am NOT defending what this guy did. It was horrible. What I am put off by is the fact that people were cheering that this man could have died for what he did. YAY! Saying he DESEREVED it.

Yes, legal hunting and what this guy did are different. Perhaps not in theory, but.. What he did was illegal. I agree. But, here's my point:

Some of you were CHEERING that this man was shot, and no matter what you all say, it could have been fatal. A BB gun can be fatal. Please, tell this kids daughter why he was unable to see her next school play, or walk her down the isle because he euthenized (sp?) a puppy.

If people were shot everytime they broke the law our population would be a whole lot thinner. And not every law breaker needs to be shot (some do).

Yes, this man needs to be punished under the authority of the law. Otherwise this is like you rear-ending somebody then having them drag you out of the car and beat you senseless. There's some people that would say that's justified and alright.

Or perhaps we should just suspend any jail sentance uner 18 months and just shoot people in the wrist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks