What's new

PUNKY BREWSTER (live-action) on NBC.com is rated TV-PG (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Nice to see it up, but exactly what is the basis for a TV-PG rating for this particular show? I don't even remember them ever using profanity when other family sitcoms of this era got the occasional four-letter word (albeit not any from George Carlin's list). This wasn't even one of the episodes The Family Channel refused to air back in the 1990s. You'd think it would be TV-G. It's similar to how The Wizard of Oz got bumped up from G to PG over the years by the good ol' MPAA.

punkyTVPG.png

Last edited:

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Is every episode rated PG, or just certain ones? Sitcoms of that era did get heavy-handed at times- I remember they did one episode about the space shuttle explosion. Just the fact that the main character was abandoned by her mother is pretty traumatic also.

Wondering if they'll ever get the frame rate right for these types of shows online- I haven't looked at Punky Brewster but all the other ones I've seen are choppy. Ironically I did see an illegal online stream of Married With Children that got it right on my laptop and Roku (the Roku channel that had it has since been removed.)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I mean, there was that "Very Special Episode" where Punky caught her dog, Brandon, shooting smack in the bathroom.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
TV ratings are a lot like points on "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" They're all made up and no one cares.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I mean, there was that "Very Special Episode" where Punky caught her dog, Brandon, shooting smack in the bathroom.

Actually it was Henry and they were pills delivered by Meshach Taylor the same year Punky's teacher was played by Alice Ghostley, so you're not that far off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HobbitGolf
Recent bookmarks