punk'd - do celebrities know?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by EricW, Apr 18, 2005.

1. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

i just started watching punk'd out of curiosity... and it seems unrealistic that the stars don't pick up on the joke, especially considering they use the same actors all the time. do you think they catch on half way and then just play along?

have they ever shown a clip where the star found out, or has anyone heard of it?

also, does anybody have any truth to the whole Michael Varatan thing? did it happen or not?

2. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

They don't use the same actors all of the time. The bit players have changed every season.

3. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

oh, okay... that makes sense. i've only seen this season's epidoes, and they probably taped them all before airing the first one.

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Keep in mind some of them are pretty complex pranks too. I mean would you think (for example) that someone would go to the trouble of switching out your car with an identical one for a prank on a hidden camera TV show. Or would it seem more likely that some maniac was smashing up your car[​IMG]

5. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    maybe you could remind us what that is.

6. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

Michael Vartan (Alias) is apparently deathly afraid of flying, so Kutcher decided to Punk him - when MV was getting on a plane for a flight, the plane (literally) starts falling apart right on the runway. he might have totally lost it or something, because the story is he didn't sign off on the clip so Kutcher couldn't use it on the show. on the entertainment shows, Kutcher expressly said that's what happened, while Vartan expressly says he was never punk'd, he was never on a plane that had stuff falling off, etc.

so someone is lying.

7. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I've heard that story and it's just not possible. The only reason that I refuse to believe it is because no airport operating today on the ENTIRE planet would let anyone do something like that. "Oh, you're Ashton Kutcher. Well, I guess we can overlook all those pesky airline safety laws since you're famous."

I don't care if Ashton Kutcher comes to my house and shows me the tape, I ain't believin' that story[​IMG]

8. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

I don't know anything about the story, but if it supposedly took place with a private plane at a small regional airport, I think it could be very possible.