Punk rock song from Bring it on

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bjorn Olav Nyberg, Dec 22, 2001.

1. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

I was wondering if anybody could help me out with the name and title of a band and a song. It is from the movie Bring it on. It is the song Kirsten Dunst receives from her boyfriend on a tape, and she starts dancing on her bed to it. It was also played over the car wash extras, and the director even said the name of the band. Does anybody know the title of this song and the name of the band? I would be grateful if you'd let me know [​IMG]

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Did you check here:
    http://us.imdb.com/Soundtracks?0204946
    I didn't see any bands that I would consider "punk rock", aside from maybe BIS... but then again some people call Blink 182 a punk band, so who knows.
    -Vince

3. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

Thanks Vince!
    Actually I did not even know I could find this info on IMDB. I only checked the tracks listing on the CD soundtrack on amazon... For the record this was the song I was looking for:
    "Just What I Need"
    Written by Steve Matt, Octavio Callandro & Scott Price
    Performed by Rufus King
    Courtesy of No Fidel No Music
    And I am also one of the people who consider Blink 182 a punk band... although I have heard them being refered to as a boy band as well [​IMG]