What's new

Punisher September 7 incl Lim Ed (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Very cool. I liked this movie in the theaters and thought it was underappreciated. With all the hoopla around comic-book translations to the big screen, I would have thought this movie would ahve grossed more.

Nevertheless, I will be picking up at least one of these DVDs whenever they come out.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Sounds like a good set, but unless it's really cheap I'll probably pass.

Buddy.

Auditioning
I hope that they don't mean that you open it up and don't know if it's a limited edition or not. Distributed randomly probably means some retailers will get a few, but I just don't want the hassle of worrying about which one I'll get when I open it up.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Agreed. THe image from the end of the teaser trailer would have been a good cover and it even includes a good pictures of your star.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
WHen did he start using Tom Jane? I always thought he went by Thomas. Agreed, it should drop the Travolta head.
I enjoyed the movie, but it is a lesser of the current wave of superhero flicks.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I've read that Jane considered "Thomas" too pompous, so now he's just Tom. And Jane.

The movie is my guilty pleasure of the year. Very down and dirty, 70s style.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Missed this one in theaters (too many movies at the same time), but I'm a fan of the comics, so I'll have to pick this one up. I like the sound of the Garth Ennis prequel comic, and if I can grab the "chase" cover, all the better (although as a comics fan, I've been a little desensitized and embittered against the whole multi-cover thing).

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
This movie reminded me a lot of the movie Payback with Mel Gibson in it. I am not a fan of the comic and knew almost nothing about it, so that could be why I liked the film. I think that if you dont have any expectations going into this, you'll come out pleased.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Man, this movie jsut didn't work for me, not as a guilty pleasure, or as a down and dirty '70s flick. It played more like a cliched '80s direct to video Robert Norton bore fest (which I usually like, but not this one.)

Except for "The Russian", which was so incredably kick ass, and true to the book, and for that sequence alone, I well buy this at the cheapest price I can find, probably previewed. It's too bad that the whole movie wasn't as rough as that part, which was one of the best fights I've seen in a movie in years. I'd be curious to hear a commentary.

The Garth Ennis comic is a good bonus.:emoji_thumbsup:

James T

Screenwriter
I haven't looked to much into it, but the link above with the DVD cover art gives a description and only mentions 5.1 DD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks