What's new

Punchline (1988) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
p11134_p_v8_aa.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PMF

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Recently saw Punchline for the very first time. I actually had never heard of the film before a couple of years ago. Great film! Very funny & poignant at the same time.

I didn't find much of the stand-up that funny, for the most part. However, I thought Sally Field's stand-up jokes were hilarious - I found myself laughing out loud at them. She definitely had the best routine(s) in the film.

The ending was great - very touching, but the same time somewhat realistic.
I.e., I could see why the Sally Fields character didn't want to accept the prize & instead gave it to someone else - given that she had something to fall back on (her family), whereas for others in that business being a comedian was all they had going for them.

I thought this was a well-done & underrated late '80's film, and an interesting examination of stand-up comics & humor in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks