Pumping Iron with Arnold coming next year to DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave H, Oct 17, 2001.

1. Dave H

Dave H Producer

For all of you bodybuilding and Arnold fans out there, the documentary Pumping Iron will be coming to DVD next year. I read this today in an issue of MuscleMag where there is an interview with Arnold. The DVD will contains interviews, behind the scenes, etc. as well.
    Pumping Iron has been out of print for a while on VHS so this should be interesting to see.

2. Todd_B

Todd_B Second Unit

I haven't had a chance to read my new copy of "MuscleMag", so thanks for the info.
    Great news, this disk is a must-have for any Ah-nuld fans.
    Sold!
    Todd B

3. Philip Verdieck

Philip Verdieck Second Unit

It will also be edited, I believe to remove some remarks of Arnie from his younger days [​IMG]
    Probably steroid related...

4. darrin

darrin Stunt Coordinator

FINALLY!!!! Now I can give my laserdisc a rest. Have to watch this at least once a month for motivation. Gotta love
    Arnold's mindgames on Lou and Franco [​IMG] Can't wait!

5. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Excellent news! I'm not into bodybuilding, but Mike Katz was my health teacher in 10th grade (nicest guy you could ever meet), and he showed us the doc, and I thought it was great. Looking forward to the release.

6. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Philip,
    I don't recall any mention of steroids with Arnold (or anyone) in Pumping Iron.
    The only part that I suspect could be edited would be when Arnold appears to be smoking Mary J.
    However, hopefully, the entire presentation will be unaltered. I would love to see extras for this.

7. Polo Chavez

Polo Chavez Auditioning

Actually, I think the scene that will be cut out will be the scene where he compares the feeling of getting "the pump", to climaxing, but he used a different word. But, I cannot wait for this DVD to come out. I was going to ask about this film to see if it was coming to DVD, but to no avail, it will!
    Arnold rules, Lou drools!!!