Pulse or Delicate Sound of Thunder?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Billy Fogerty, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Billy Fogerty

Billy Fogerty Stunt Coordinator

I there yet any word on these concerts coming out on dvd? They would be incredible in DTS or DD. Having them anamorphic would really be the icing on the cake.

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

No and no. Pulse was scheduled for release but then canceled for unknown reasons.

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Since they're both 4:3 anamorphic would actually suck. Catalog music video almost never gets released on DVD so don't hold your breath on these. The LaserDiscs with CD quality PCM stereo audio are very good.

4. Billy Fogerty

Philip, yes I know, I have both lasediscs. I also figured, with my RP91, and it's auto scaling, the concerts would even look better.

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Wow you have Delicate Sound of Tunder huh? That's a rare LaserDisc. The version of "Money" on that disc is absolutely fantastic!

6. RicP

RicP Screenwriter

Bill,
    The "Delicate..." LD is of the concert filmed at Nassau Coliseum on Long Island right?
    I was AT that concert! [​IMG] I had the video tape for the longest time, but it disintegrated and i've not been able to find another copy. I no longer have a LD player so I guess DVD is my only option to get this show again.

7. Lance

Lance Auditioning

Its too bad PULSE was cancelled for DVD. My VHS copy NEVER played right. I have the VCD of PULSE on order. I have read reviews of it and people rate it very good for quality. I guess it'll have to do for now.

8. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Cinematographer

9. Ken Stuart

Ken Stuart Second Unit

10. Billy Fogerty

RichP, yes it is the concert from the the Nassau Coliseum that is on the Delicate Sound of Thunder LD. I remember bring there also. I'm only 10 minutes from there. I remember being really surprised when it came out on LD.

11. VicRuiz

VicRuiz Second Unit

I was at one of the Nassau Coliseum concerts too! [​IMG] Not that I remember much about it, though. [​IMG]
    "The Delicate Sound of Thunder" is actually made up of bits and pieces from seven different 1988 shows for the "Momentary Lapse of Reason" tour: June 21-22 at the Place d'Armes du Chateau de Versailles in Versailles, France, and August 19-23 at the Nassau Coliseum. I also saw them at Giants Stadium on June 3-4 of that year (I can't remember which day).
    I remember my third Pink Floyd show as being the best (June 11, 1994 at Yankee Stadium, for The Division Bell tour). Of course that's probably because I can actually remember more of it since I had stopped drinking by then [​IMG]

12. Anthony Hom

Anthony Hom Supporting Actor

I have DSOT on LD, too. It's one of the few LDs I watch still. Even though it's more of a visual movie, than cinema verite, it's great to watch. I missed the first time it was on LD and walked into Tower Records one day in 1998, looking into that LD rack once again in the Pink Floyd section, and surprise, it was there! It was like most people finding one of their sought after treasures. It may take awhile to re-master for 5.1, considering that most likely the original producer mixed it down to stereo first. I assume there are multi-tracks of that concert(s), but it they may have to do the sound all over again.