What's new

Pulp Fiction SE Soon? (1 Viewer)

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
After many of us purchased the Korean release of Pulp Fiction...The Digital Bits announced a SE coming...Wonder how it will hold up to the Korean release?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would like to know when this is coming out, as well. I'm going to hold off buying the Korean (Region 0) version until I see what the region 1 release is going to look like. I really don't want to buy two releases.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I believe he simply wrote "by the end of the year"-so, 10 months (or less) and counting.

Is this a sly ploy to stop people from purchasing the Asian Edition...or did the sale of said edition put a 'Bee in their bonnet' (or 'light a fire under their a**es')?

stay tuned.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if part of the wait was so they could tie in the marketing to a new QT film. What's it been? 5 years??

I expect that all 3 SEs will come out about the same time Kill Bill hits the theaters.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I heard that we are getting a Reservoir Dogs special edition this summer, but I'm not sure if that is correct.

I also heard that we should see a Pulp Fiction SE by the end of the year.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
If I recall...Criterion doesn't have the rights anymore. They released a kick-ass laser-disc back in the day...but I'm pretty sure it'd be impossible for them to transfer that to DVD, due to licensing rights.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Reviving an old thread...apologies.

Is the US DVD that bad? It seems to be quite bad in threads I've read.

So, should I:

- Buy the US DVD

- Buy a laserdisc

- WAIT (posts here seem to suggest that a DVD is imminent - but aren't SE's usually hyped well in advance of their release dates? This leads me to believe that an SE is NOT imminent. )

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Well, as much as I enjoy this movie, I'm going to wait. As I said in my earlier post, I don't want to have to buy this DVD twice. I am going to guess that this release will come out sometime in the fourth quarter with Jackie Brown. At that point, I'm sure there will be a thread on here that will compare the Korean and Region 1 SE release. Then, I will make my decision.

The current Region 1 release is non-anamorphic and doesn't have the greatest transfer.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I am waiting for an SE because the current US DVD is supposedly pretty bad and I believe that it costs over $20- which I am not willing to spend on a sub-par disc for a film that could have a special edition soon.

I did buy the Reservoir Dogs R1 DVD even though there is a good chance that we will see a special edition this summer. I mainly bought it because it was only $7.99.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I've got the LD, Canadian R1 DVD, and the Korean R0 DVD. The Korean disc is 16:9 and has the same extras as the Canadian DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks