What's new

Pulp Fiction rebates (1 Viewer)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I found the Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown Collector's series for sale tonight (a week early) at a local B&M that is usually really good about street dates. I didn't buy them because they were a bit overpriced, but I did notice a few interesting stickers on the cover.

1. Buy both Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown and get $5, see inside Jackie Brown packaging for details.
2. current Pulp Fiction owners, get $5 back when you buy the new Collector's edition.
3. Save $5 when you buy Pulp Fiction + PF Soundtrack CD.

Just thought I'd let everyone know in case you were on the fence about either of these, and since Best Buy will probably run a "buy both and get $5 off instantly" type of deal, you could make out like a bandit, especially if you own the original PF release.

Steve Kramzer

Stunt Coordinator
The best buy deal I believe is something like, buy PF and JB and get the non-collectors ed of From Dusk Til Dawn or something like that.

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm..

I preordered these titles from Columbia House, wonder if there would be any way I could take advantage of these offers?

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
I would doubt that they would require the reciept for the old Pulp Fiction disc--as some people have probably had that disc for several years. Probably just the proof-of-purchase.
And I doubt, too, that the Canadian Alliance version would be "officially accepted". I'm gonna try it anyway, though--it's not like the Canadian disc is gonna be worth more than five or ten bucks anymore, anyway.
Jackie Brown's packaging actually has the sticker/coupon on it for the five dollars off, so I assume that the only way to get the five dollars off is if you buy both at the same time, and rip the sticker coupon off the packaging--like an instant thing, not a mail-in, which is nice.
Pulp has the $2-off thing when you buy the new soundtrack at the same time, and Jackie's also got one if you buy the Jackie soundtrack at the same time. I bought the Jackie soundtrack when it first came out five years ago, but I'll probably buy a new copy, leave it sealed, and cut the UPC off my old one for the $2 rebate, and then return the sealed copy for full credit.
So let's pretend that these discs sell for, um, somewhere exactly between $14.99 and $16.99 each next week at some store ;) : $32 for the pair, minus the instant $5 coupon, plus From Dusk Till Dawn. $27 for three DVDs--and then you get another $5 back by mail if you already own (American) Pulp, and then another $2 or $4 back if you buy the soundtrack(s) with it. Add all that up if you meet all the requirements, and you're getting three DVDs (two of which are two-disc sets) for $18. Of course, you've spent the "extra" for the old crappy Pulp earlier, and for the soundtracks, but the soundtracks are cool.
(Fuzzy math. . .) :)
Sounds like a real nice deal! They owe it to us for the shitty Pulp, keeping Jackie away from DVD for so long (wasn't it on DIVX way back when?). :)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I have my BB flyer for Sunday. It says buy PF and JB for $15.99 and get From Dusk Til Dawn for free.

CC has these titles for $16.99 each, but you get $5 off if you buy them both.

Can anyone confirm whether you can also get the $5 off at Best Buy?

Thanks

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
There are stickers on the front of each of the discs. Pulp's sticker says something to the effect of "Buy this and Jackie Brown, and save $5!".
Jackie's sticker says something to the effect of "Buy this and Pulp Fiction, and save $5!". However, this sticker is "peel-off-able", and when you peel it off, there's the $5 coupon, with the UPC and all.
I would imagine that most, if not all retail stores that carry these discs will have them with the stickers included.
Getting the Best Buy cashier to honor both the manufacturer's rebate coupon and their (Best Buy's) offer of From Dusk Till Dawn is the real trick, though. They should, since they're really two different and separate offers from two different companies, but who knows. Some cashiers probably will do both, and think nothing of it, but some will probably give the old "one or the other--you can't do both" routine.
Hopefully, everybody will go to one of the former cashiers. . . :)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the response.
It has always pretty much been hit or miss at Best Buy when it comes to this kind of thing. Like you said, a lot of it depends on the cashier!
Based on some prior negative experiences, I already know of one particular cashier to avoid! :angry:

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I had a raincheck for Sanford and Son for the 19.99 price and a $3.00 off coupon and they would not allow me to use both (even though each were separate issues and the raincheck not a promo). So who knows with them.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
2. current Pulp Fiction owners, get $5 back when you buy the new Collector's edition.
Where was this deal at? Do you mail in something off the old Pulp Fiction DVD (like the tabs that are in some cases) or take in the old DVD to show to the cashier? I'm planning on going to CC to get the PF/JB deal and would like to get an additional $5 off too...

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Ok, its Tuesday. Has anybody actually gone down to BB and obtained PF and JB for $15.99 each, PLUS a free copy of From Dusk Til Dawn AND $5.00 off???

I will find out for myself in a couple of hours, but would save myself a trip if BB isn't giving the $5.00 off (CC is).

Glenise

Supporting Actor
It didn't work for me.
I only got the free DVD.
They wouldn't take the $5 off.
The register wouldn't do both.
:frowning:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Glenise, I got the BB off Pleasant Hill to give me both the $5 discount and the free FDTD, but I had to be insistent with the cashier, and she finally relented, and keyed in a manual $5 credit to the transaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks