What's new

Pulp Fiction/Jackie Brown-Sept 3? (1 Viewer)

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
"Because there is no french language track on VHS."
I KNOW that. I know that there's a seperate french dubbed VHS release out there and there is obviously seperate cover art for it. Why can't they do this for the DVD?
"Exactly, there`s a new law in Quebec that says if there`s a french language track on the dvd, it must have billingual or separate french cover available. "
At least the Quebec law doesn't say that all films released into the province MUST be dubbed into french. Or does it? ;)
Jason

EricW

Senior HTF Member
there's a seperate french dubbed VHS release out there and there is obviously seperate cover art for it. Why can't they do this for the DVD?
because they don't have to. if they can cut costs with one one-sided cover and still have about the same number of people buying their product, they make more money and will keep doing it. obviously making one product for both markets is cheaper. but if by making bilingual covers, their sales drop, then it's in their best interests to go back to seperate or reversable covers.

i've resorted to putting white or black tape on the spine covering the french half of the spines. and i'm getting the american Pulp Fiction.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I was checking one of the other forums and it seems that Disney has altered the Canadian version of Monster's Inc. by removing an isolated sound F/X track in favour of a 5.1 French track.
WHAT?!?! You've got to be joking!! :angry:
As an aspiring sound designer, this really ticks me off. I'm going to check into this further. Thanks for the heads-up!
Can you give me a link to that thread? Future Shop lists it as still including the F/X track, but who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks