Pulp Fiction CE: Wrong DVD inside

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MarcW, Aug 24, 2002.

1. MarcW

MarcW Agent

I bought the CE of Pulp Fiction last night and when I opened the case I was quite suprised to find two identical discs inside. Yes that's right. The disc with the extras (disc 2) was missing and instead I had two copies of the movie. I have quite a number of 2 or more disc DVDs but this has never happened to me before. Anybody else ever ran into this issue ?

Best Buy has a pretty decend deal going on right now where if you buy both Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown they throw in a copy of From Dusk Til Dawn for free.

-MarcW

2. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

3. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

My co-worker purchased LOTR from work, opened it and found two copies of the movie and one disc of special features.

4. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Now that would be a welcome bonus. Someone's getting a LOTR christmas gift [​IMG]
    Bruce

5. Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin Producer

Interesting. I have never had this happen despite owning quite a few 2 disc editions!

6. Jon D

Jon D Stunt Coordinator

I bought Animal House: CE. The disc was printed with the AH label and everything looked fine. When I put it in my player the main menu for The Firm came up. Turns out the first layer of the DVD was misprinted, and the second layer contained the distorted and pixellated second half of AH. Best Buy didn't believe my explanation when I returned it.

7. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I didn't have 2 duplicate discs but I did have 2 booklets. One in the sleeve and the other wrapped around one of the foldin ends.

8. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

I picked up the Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan SE and it had 2 discs containing the movie, 1 disc of supplements and a CD-ROM for Star Internet....4 discs in all.
    No wonder it felt so heavy! [​IMG]

9. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

Over the years I've read so many posts from people with the wrong discs and two of the same, it could fill a novel.

I even read a post from a guy who instead of a movie, got an unmarked DVD with some old, unreleased, Warner Brothers cartoons on it.

Jeff

10. Brian W.

Brian W. Screenwriter

Brian
    With "Moulin Rouge" I got 2 supplemental discs and no movie. When I returned it, the guy at Best Buy told me that happens all the time.