Pulp Fiction CE: Problems?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jason-Walsh, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Jason-Walsh

Jason-Walsh Extra

Hello, hopefully you can help me.
    I just received my American imported Pulp Fiction disc only to find the first disc is not recognized by my player. Works fine in my PC and the Canadian disc played fine but this one doesn't. The second disc plays fine. I was wondering if there was some sort of software flags on this disc that my player may be confused by. This is the first of about 300 discs that simply refuses to play.
    Thanks, Jason

2. Estevan Lapena

Estevan Lapena Stunt Coordinator

Odd, because my U.S copy of Pulp Fiction works perfectly fine on my DVD player. I haven’t witnessed a single problem. Perhaps someone with knowledge of some sort of defect like this could give us some enlightenment.

My guess would be dvd player incompatibility.

3. Jason-Walsh

Jason-Walsh Extra

Estevan,

that is what I'm thinking.. The fact the disc plays fine in my DVDrom drive rules out a defective disc laying the blame square on my cheap 3 year old player. [​IMG] It's played everything else I've ever thrown at it.

I will try it at a friends house this weekend and test for certain. Strange tho, the only real difference between the Can and US discs is the DTS track.. that must be the problem. I guess?

Any other ideas, anyone?