Pulled the trigger on SVS 25-31PCi !

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Manny_S, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Manny_S

Manny_S Stunt Coordinator

Hi there everyone, I'm a new member. I've been reading this forum for some time now, but decided to register today. Well, after reading message after message, thinking about it endlessly, sleeping on it, I finally made the decision to order the SVS 25-31PCi this morning! Just this month alone I've upgraded my old Yamaha RX-V850 Pro Logic unit with a Denon 3802. I also decided my Sony PS2 wasn't the right way to watch DVD's and went with a Panasonic RP-82. I never bothered buying a subwoofer for my old HT system, so this will be my first. I'm still using my old Boston Acoustics HD8 mains, 525v center, and HD5 surrounds. I've had them for many years, but unfortunately the foam rings on the mains are beginning to deteriorate and seperate from the cone. They're at least 10 years old and have put up with alot of full range abuse throughout the years. This will be my next upgrade. Followed by a new tv to replace my 11 year old Sony 27". The only thing worrying me at this point is the WAF with the SVS. She has no knowledge that it is on it's way and knows I've already spent over a grand on HT this month. Pray for me guys. [​IMG]

2. Jason Co

Jason Co Second Unit

You got brass ones Manny...I stand and applaude you!

Jason

3. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Manny I here you, I and many others know how it is. Sounds like you might have some rough going. I am 43 now and it seems as though I drive my wife up the wall regarding HT. I usually let her have her way except when it comes to HT. I just bought a second Velo ct-150 and brought it home and stacked it on the one I had. We had a agreement I would wait until the first of the year. I fell through. When she came home, once again it was not a pretty picture[​IMG] . When I upgraded from the two subs I had previously to the one ct., that was not a nice weekend either. I placed the Velo in the corner where my other once stood hoping she would not notice[​IMG] . She comes home and all goes well. My oldest daughter comes home and all is still well. Then my youngest comes home and we are all in the HT living-room and she says, "HAY DAD! THAT SUB IS MUCH BIGGER![​IMG] THANKS BUBS. I brought two new towers and a new center in the house to not to mention the new big screen-which I won but had to throw another $500 at to get a half way decent one. After the big screen I picked up the Kenwood 504 with a extra sub and a DVD player at the same time. Crap! looking back at this I guess I have been a poop. O-well we still have a agreement that I can get the Klipsch RF-3s and the center the first of the year. After that I am absolutely positive I will be done. Well sort of. I am going to run away from the HTF to[​IMG] . All this has happened in less than a year. I will keep you in mind manny and things will work out with your wife,, and having a good sub or two should make it all good and worth it right? I have to go now for my wife informed me just today That the house is suffering every since I started this HT gig. I better go wash the windows or she will spend $200 to get them cleaned. That's allot of DVD's down the drain.

4. Jon_Liu

Jon_Liu Stunt Coordinator

Greetings Manny_S and Welcome to the HTF!

I must say, wise choices. Our families first actual receiver was the same Yamaha RX-V850 that you had, and I must say going from Pro Logic to Digital was just an incredible jump. I will also say, your choice on adding a sub to your system is definitely a good one. Especially going the SVS route. I still am waiting for mine to arrive (friday!!!) and I will be eager to see the differences it makes in my system from my previous sub! All in all, congrats on your upgrading and keep doing it! (us forum members aren't gonna be a good influence on you!)

Regards,
    Jon

5. Manny_S

Looks like I'm going to get my Boston Acoustics HD8 8" drivers refoamed. The WAF is much, much better spending $27 per speaker repaired compared to $400+ for a pair of new bookshelf speakers. As I mentioned at the top, the WAF is already being stretched to the limit. Two friends are recommending www.simplyspeakers.com. They're only a couple hundred miles from here, so UPS ground should only take a day or two in either direction.

6. Manny_S

These guys at SVS are amazing. I placed my order yesterday morning and by late afternoon I got an email from them with a UPS tracking number. I couldn't believe it. The UPS website says the package will be at my doorstep this coming Monday. It's quite impressive that this sub will arrive at my house on only the third business day after I've placed my order via UPS Ground. GREAT WORK GUYS! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Dylan Savage

Dylan Savage Stunt Coordinator

Sweet, I ordered my 25-31 about an hour ago. What do you think the chances are they'll have it out tomorrow?? [​IMG] [​IMG]