Pulled the trigger on Sharp PG-A10X

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Sacha_C, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Sacha_C

Sacha_C Second Unit

After wanting the X1 for so long, I finally realized it would almost take a miracle or at least a long time before I could get one since it's sold out everywhere and I didnt want to wait anymore.

I was recommended the Sharp PG-A10X a while back when I asked for LCD alternatives to the X1 since I didn't and still dont know if I see rainbows. I was very impressed by the specs, and after reading that everyone that saw the A10X and the X1 preferred the quality of the A10X, my mind was made.

I still have a hard time believing people aren't talking more about it, it seems like a much better deal then the X1 to me especially for almost the same price. You get double the brightness, XGA resoltuion, no rainbows to worry about, less screen door, 4500 hour lamp, and tons of color settings and features in the menus including anti theft features.

I'll let you know what I think and post pictures as soon as I get it.

Thanks

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Congratulations on the projector. What is the contrast ratio spec?

3. Sacha_C

Sacha_C Second Unit

It's only 450:1, which worried me quite a lot, but after reading that everyone that saw both the X1 and A10X prefered the A10X's picture quality my mind was made.

Thanks

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    and ultimately, that is what matters most in the end. You will want to revisit your entire collection. I remember when I got this one that I currently have. Make surfe to report your findings as soon as you get some.

5. Sacha_C

Sacha_C Second Unit

6. Joel_phil

Joel_phil Auditioning

hi Sacha_C,

I'm interested in the Sharp A10X too. I remember the lift time of the A10X bulb is 4000 hours, the A10S is 4500 hours, correct me if I'm wrong.

Would you keep updating the price and the performance of A10X when you try it? If the price is same as the X1's, it should be a very good deal! [​IMG]

Thanks

7. Sacha_C

Sacha_C Second Unit

8. Ufdah

Ufdah Auditioning

I just purchased a Sharp PG-A10X for our church to use in classrooms and it has been a very impressive unit. I'm actually going to bring it home some time this month to see how well it does. My pastor used it at home and said that it was really incredible.