What's new

pubwic wadio (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
She's terrible. I've seen her parodied on Boston Legal and I think another lawyer show too.

I first noticed how aggressive she was in convicting suspects even before the trial with the Scott somebody who was eventually convicted of killing his pregnant wife and dumping her in SF bay.

His guilt or innocence aside, she was extremely prejudicial. I say shame on any network giving her air time.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
It's annoying too when people like Steven Hawking speak or try to. How utterly irritating!

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member

I was replying to the comment "another reason to avoid NPR". Terri Gross is NPR, Ira Glass is PRI. And Public Radio stations pick and choose (and buy) what they want to carry.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Buzzkill? Did you hope to have a thread of moaning about Ira Glass' speech style?

Tell us what you wanted so we can stop harshing your charm. :)

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I haven't noticed that Ira Glass turns r's and l's into w's, but I'll have to listen for it.

Daniel Shore's speech is weird to me. Its hard to explain what exactly it is that seems off.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Shore's voice seems to have an upper-crust "I'm wiser and more enlightened that you peons who dare to differ with me" quality to it.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I dunno, to me he sounds more like he is about to keel over.

I like Giles Snyder's voice, certainly peculiar: he sounds curiously detached, as if what he was reading was beneath him and, with perhaps a hint of annoyance even but not quite, you know? Hard to explain, but I think it's awesome :D.

--
H

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Um. Yeah. I think that I might have envisioned that. At least we could have all posted in the same "W for L & R" style that I started out in. That would have made this more fun.

I actually like Daniel Shore... He sounds like a kindly grandfather. (See THE GAME, of course.)

MC

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
I don't like much Ira Glass' voice or his show (and don't listen to it), but he's a lot better than David Sedaris. Doesn't Tom Brokaw have an inability to say "R"? As for Daniel Schorr, the guy covered Franklin Roosevelt's presidential campaigns. I like his voice, even when I don't agree with him ; of course, I also take the time to have a considered opinion, so I don't greet someone else's with this anti-intellectual "how dare he!" reaction. His voice reflects a public speaking (and radio announcing) style which has been dead for decades, steam-rollered over by the shrill inanities of modern radio and television. Honestly, listen to the anchors of your local TV news programme — a cage full of squirrels would produce the same effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks