What's new

Public Domain Titles - Original Ownership - Any Chances (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Of all the titles in the public domain, i wonder why hasn't the big 6, because basicly what it is anymore; gone after there older titles that in the public domain. the older and more obscure, it only seems that when there is a large enough group voicing this opinion that something is done.
Then the problem of who owns what also comes in to play, the PRC library???? Monogram??? WB i think, any help would be apriciated,

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Warners owns a segment of the Monogram library by virtue of their acquisition of Allied Artists. Not all Monograms are PD. For example, the Bowery Boys films are not PD and Warners is planning on releasing them starting in 2006. By contrast, the East Side Kids films are PD. I don't know if Warners owns the original negatives on that or not.

PRC films are now owned by a company called "Films Around the World". I don't know much about them although a google search may turn up something.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Thanks for the follow up, i knew that WB was planning on the BB selections, i thing its supposed to be a multi mega box set, Not to complain as i said, i know some of the smaller PD releases, just don't have the time to do restorations, thankfully Paramount will do wonderful things with the Republic films that the now have, and I do mean "Wonderful" we are waiting.

What i was really referring to is films that are deemed of artistic value, that are being treated as such, Detour comes to mind.

I know that only a small amount of Lugosi's work is good , exceptions White Zombie, I know Troma/Roan Grp, is good, but honestly it could be better.Would love who ever owns his Monogram 8 in some kind of collection, it doesn't have to be a signature collection, but, but that would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks