What's new

PT47WX52 - Panasonic RPTV (1 Viewer)

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
I've had this TV and noticed more of a redish/brown color and my blacks don't show real black.

Also verified where my black is usually seen in the DVD movie horizontal black bars. They now appear reddish in color.

Tinkered with all the color/tint/picture settings and still the same.

Any ideas to fix this on my own or do I have to call a service rep?

Appreciate any suggestions or inputs!

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Let's not try to redirect people to other sites so quickly when the answer can easily be had here.

Red tinting especially noticeable in the dark end means that your grayscale is off.

Calling a service tech will simply invite them to eyeball the grayscale for you to what they think looks good. It is very unlikely that they will use proper instrumentation to get the grayscale done just right nor should they be expected to. You can try to eyeball the grayscale yourself or hire a professional calibrator to do it for you at a cost.

Regards

JohnSch

Grip
Sorry - it's just that that site has info on the "evil pop" which can cause a sudden shift in the color reproduction of that model of panny.

The answer is to do something with the greyscale, so Michael is right - if you have been putting off a professional calibration, now might be time.

You may be able to reduce the effect a bit by turning down your overall color setting - this can be much lower than most people think, and it makes for more faithful color ranges. Turn it all the way down to 0, then go up from there. Stop only 1 or 2 ticks up from the point you get color, and see how that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks