Pt47wx49 Doa!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dylan Savage, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Dylan Savage

Dylan Savage Stunt Coordinator

Hi All - I got my PT47WX49 delivered Saturday and it looks physically fine, but when I turn it on, I get no video. Now this isn't your ordinary "no video" problem, I get *nothing*. When I hit tv/video, I don't see it cycling through the TV, Component 1, Component 2, Video 1 like I did in the store. I did a hard reset (hold action and power for 5 seconds) and I could hear the static (it's not hooked up to anything but the DVD player) but see nothing. I called Sears where I bought it, and they have a guy coming out to look today. Should I just ask for a new set? What could be wrong? Could the guy actually fix it today? Thanks guys. [​IMG]

2. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

I would ask for a new set. There's no reason why a new set that you bought shouldn't be in complete working order when you receive it.

3. Dylan Savage

I guess what I'm wondering is, has anyone had this type of problem before, and was it fixable, or was the thing basically fubar. I don't want continuing problems down the road with this, but if it's something dumb like power cord to the CRTs not connected, and they connect it and presto it works.. ?
    Thanks [​IMG]

4. Dwight Amato

Dwight Amato Stunt Coordinator

I frequent the board dedicated to this panny tv, and I have yet to hear that as a problem. I would demand a new one.

5. Dylan Savage

Well, this sounds amazing, but the power boards to the CRT's were not connected. The three circuit boards which are supposed to be connected to the bottom of the CRT guns were simply laying on the floor of the TV (inside).. in 2 minutes they were reconnected, we did the convergence, and the picture is awesome. The tech said he's never seen that before, and from your reactions I'm guessing you haven't either [​IMG] I'm happy with the TV now, thanks so much all, it looks awesome!

6. Marc Alexander

Marc Alexander Stunt Coordinator

Same exact problem with my PT56WXF95a. It worked for three days before going into this state. They sent a tech who said it was a bad horizontal deflector. Waited 2 months for the part and it didn't fix it. I told them to take the set away...refuted the purchase through the credit company (one-call wouldn't help me)...and bought a Mits 65807. I haven't locked back since (and the Mits is better in every way IMO, failure nonwithstanding).

7. Marc Alexander

Marc Alexander Stunt Coordinator

Bottom line...don't let them try and fix it...demand a new set. Since its Sears, I would trade for Mits or Hitachi (or even Sony/Toshiba).