What's new

PT Cruiser owners...likes & dislikes (1 Viewer)

Raine Linton

Stunt Coordinator
I'm waiting for the Turbo to arrive but until then + or - comments from owners is what counts big time for me.
Anyone approaching 100k? major breakdowns? smooth crusin'!!
Lets talk.
Raine

Stephen_Opipari

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
My wife has one that's about a year old. It's been a pretty nice car. The only complaint we have is that the paint chips way too easily. No real major mechanical problems, seems to be a farily solidly build vehicle. My only complaint is that the 2.4l is a bit on the sluggish side. But the upcoming 215hp Turbo Cruiser should take care of that nicely. ;)
Also worth noting, stock sound system in the car is excellent as well.

Raine Linton

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Stephen, thanks for the info, with Chryslers rep I was concerned about the mechanical side. It's good to know that a year later there have been no major problems in that area.
How does it handle in adverse weather? rain, snow, ice and such. The Dream Cruiser comes stacked with major standard features and the sound system is a big plus.
I have read that it needs more horses especially if you have an automatic tranny which is why I'm waiting on the Turbo, although I'll probably go standard because I like shifting.
Raine

KyleS

Screenwriter
Raine,

I have a friend that owns one and they do like the looks/feel of the car other then it is Gutless as hell. If they are coming out with a new Turbo version that might fix that problem though.

KyleS

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
I was looking to pick one up 2 years ago myself when it was released, but after renting one for a few days it left me rather uninspired in the power department.
www.ptcruiserclub.org
This board has been around since the Cruiser was released ..lots of owners and good advice.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I hope you live in a state that doesn't require a front license plate. The front end of that car, when clean, looks absolutely goregeous.

Raine Linton

Stunt Coordinator
This is good news in the fact that the major complaint I have found here and on other boards and reviews is the lack of power...so..bring on the turbo. Also, the drivetrain was upgraded to 7yrs or 100,000 mi. which I hope makes it as reliable as my Honda Civic Si, Thanks All
Raine

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
When the PT Crusier fist came out, I went ahead and test drove it and the lack of power was a very big letdown. I loved everything else about, but the lag in power made me turn away. Now with news of a turbo edition I should see alot more people buying these.

But I have my eye on 2002 GMC Envoy right now.

Stephen_Opipari

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
Raine,
The car handles well in the inclement weather. Pretty much lke any other FWD car. :) No complaints there.
I think the turbo is going to rock whe it comes out. It should be quite quick saying that it's almost 70hp and somthing like 75 or 80 lb ft torque more then the 2.4l has.

Raine Linton

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Stephen, I talked with a dealer that said its going to be a 6 cyl instead of 4 but no price has been set. That's all I'm waiting for..show me the package!
Raine

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I do not have one nor do I play one on tv but...I saw one yesterday with white walls,and I must say it was ugggggggggggggggggleeeeeeeeeeee.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
The PT Cruiser is a perfect example of the modern craving for image over substance. Let's have something that looks like an old time sedan-delivery hot-rod but with none of the Spartan inconveniences of one. We want power windows, steering and brakes, air-conditioning and the other luxuries. And of course none of the speed of a real hot-rod either, weird being that speed was was hot-rods were all about. All this based on the Neon, the crudest farm-cart of an automobile out there. Pure image, all show and no go.

Raine Linton

Stunt Coordinator
Tom, that was my first thought, "pure image, all show and no go" but I've found that Power Windows, Air Conditioning, brakes, CD plus cassette 6 speaker stereo system, and more were in the Dream Cruiser which is was I was looking at. I realized the cruiser is based on the Neon which was a Major concern of mine and still is even with the addition of the Turbo, but with the 7yr, 100,000 mile warranty on the drivetrain it makes me feel better about the reliabilty...to a point...on the engine. Many cars can catch your eye because of the design, I like the crusier design and I want to be sure it has the balls under the hood too.
Raine

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks