What's new

PT-AE900U light intensity fluctuating. Any thoughts??? (1 Viewer)

BigKid13

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Greetings,
I have a 2-1/2 year old Panasonic PT-AE900U with 925 hours on the original bulb. Recently the intensity of the bulb has been fluctuating during operation. To put it simply, it's as if the projector is toggling back and forth by itself between the HI and LOW setting on the lamp power setting. The fluctuation is subtle (but it bothers the heck out of me) and ranges from every 3 seconds to every 15 to 20 seconds, no detecable pattern. It starts right after start up so I doubt it's a heat related issue. My questions are:
1. Has anyone experienced this problem before and if so what is it?
2. What is the likely hood it could it be the bulb itself? I realize any mechanical thing can fail at anytime but it should last 2500 hours or so. At just south of $400.00 I would like to see if there could be anything else to try first before I try the bulb.
As always, your thoughts are valued and appreciated.
Best wishes,
David

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
try removing and then reseating the bulb. If not fixed, your bulb needs to be replaced.

good luck

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Doesn't the AE-900 have a dynamic iris? It could be that it's going mad, too - although I'd hope that it's the lamp, myself. It's user-servicable.

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Righ
Recent bookmarks