What's new

PT-53WX52 Calibration (1 Viewer)

Dave Hicks

Auditioning
Hello I am a newbie of all things HT. I have purchased the PT-53WX52 (thanks to the info on I've found here on the forum) and I am looking for the best way to do basic calibrations to get the best picture quality possible. I am currently running Dish Network over S-video and a playstation 2 and Xbox over component. I plan to get a progressive scan DVD player early next year. I am planning to purchase Avia and I assume this is the best place to start. I would appreciate any tips to get me started though.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
First, dont buy Avia (if all you want to do is set up the front panel controls). Find a DVD with the THX optimode at the start of it and use it to set your front panel controls. Or you could purchase the sound and vision setup disc which costs about $15. Buy Avia when you get a little more comfortable with your set and want to start adjusting geometry , overscan , etc.

Second, turn your contrast and brightness controls below mid point. Brightness is easily set using the above mentioned test discs. Contrast is much harder. You should be watching your tv in warm mode. However, Panasonic sets are VERY BAD at having good color out of the box so you are having a crap shoot on that one. So just find a color temp where you like the look of things.

Best of luck

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks