1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

PT-47WX42 vs. PT-40/45LC12 vs. TOS 42HDX82?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Phil Mazza, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Phil Mazza

Phil Mazza Auditioning

I have a pretty good idea of the main differences of each set and what they are capable of doing and not doing. But what I really want is to find out user experiences with each set, both pros and cons you have found since it's inception in your household. If it helps at all, it will mainly function as something to watch Digital Cable and the Dish Network with, along with video games and PC connectivity (ie. the 40/45lc12 on my list). I have read a great deal on all 3 sets but find myself with a dizzying headache with the constant push/pull of each sets abilities. This is more or less a poll, but without the poll to pretty much decide which one will be in my room come November. I don't think I'll be dissappointed with whatever one I actually get, but I'd like to hear everyone's opinion. Additionaly I believe there are alot of others in this exact conundrum.
    Thanks
    -Phil

2. Joe Reed

Joe Reed Stunt Coordinator

Hey Phil, I am in the same boat as you, but I would like to know does the Toshiba 42hdx82 output 720p? I know the 40/45LC12 does, which is a reason I want that for video games. I am looking at the 45lc12 only $500 more than the 40 inch, (what is the cheapest you have found the 45" model for?) the Samsung 50 dlp, and the 50 GWII, but I want to see all of them before deciding

3. Phil Mazza

Phil Mazza Auditioning

avs-store.com 2499, go to ,bb 6ave wiz cc, and they'll all match it, especially 6ave.

4. Phil Mazza

Phil Mazza Auditioning

bump

5. SeanWillis

SeanWillis Agent

The Toshiba does not display native 720p. It will receive 720p and convert to 1080i. Love my panny.

Cheers,

Sean

6. Joe Reed

Joe Reed Stunt Coordinator

What does the panny(pt-47wx42) do with a 720p signal

7. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

You get a garbled mess.

Regards

8. Robert Elrod

Robert Elrod Agent

9. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

Wrong what?
    He was saying the Panasonic doesn't handle 720p, not the 82 tosh.
    -ELmO[​IMG]

10. John.R.R

John.R.R Auditioning

The Toshiba "supports" 720p by converting it to 1080i. The Panny (which I have) can't convert or display. I called Toshiba about the meaning of "support". They said that it both accepts 720p and displays at 720p. Richard F. Fisher of Mastertech Repair Corporation, Lawrenceville, GA, says that the Toshiba converts 720p to 1080i. I believe Richard.

J.