PT-47WX42 or PT-47WX52

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Jin, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

After an year of waiting, I'm about to buy my first HDTV. I've decided to go with Panasonic because I can't beat the price and size. I'm just waiting for the final price and hopefully get it by Super Bowl.

The 47wx42 is about $90 cheaper then the 47wx52.

The TV will sitt at an angle, next to the sliding glass door. The sun light comes through the glass door for most part of the day. I currently have a 27" at the same spot and I notice the glare on the screen during mid/late afternoons.

I don't have any kids that will run around and put their marks on the screen.

I watch DVDs, sports, and xbox.

Which model do you recommend?

I have a non progressive player that I plan to upgrade in the later months. My cable company offers HD programming and I plan to get the set top box through them. I just ordered Avia and plan to get it ISF much later in the year.

Beside the screen protector and the larger speakers, is there anything else on the 47wx52?

Thanks,
    Tim

2. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Tim,

That's pretty much all the diff between wx42 and wx52.

RE: your TV placement, if you get glare now w/ the 27", you'll probably get plenty of it w/ any RPTV. Also, the screen protector on the wx52 will probably make the glare even worse. Screen protectors usually do that.

_Man_

3. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

Thanks for the advise.