PT-47WX42 convergence

Discussion in 'Displays' started by AllanN, Jul 21, 2003.

1. AllanN

AllanN Supporting Actor

I was doing a 6 month calibration of my system. And when I was setting the internal convergence on my set I decided to use a crosshatch pattern to get a more accurate setting. I was using the crosshatch pattern off of Sound & Vision Home Theater Tune-Up.

I could never get the crosshatches and the internal settings to match up on the sides. This was only the case when I had the the TV in FULL mode in 4:3 the crosshatch pattern matched up to the internal settings. I did find that my coarse (Convergence 1 on the panny) was pretty far off when I put up one of the anamorphic over-scan patterns. Fixing this helped a little.

On some grey test patterns I also noticed a red line at the far right of my set and a blue at the far left. But my convergence settings where set as close as I could get them for the rest of the screen.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Does anyone have a set procedure for setting convergence on the PT-47WX42 or any other similar set.

2. RenoV

RenoV Agent

Sounds like you need to do a fine convergence adjustment in the service menu. It's definately not for the faint of heart, so I highly suggest against it if you're unsure... but you can go to www.panny.tv for details on what to do.