What's new

"Psycho IV: The Beginning" (1 Viewer)

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I can't understand why this film hasn't been released on DVD yet. Maybe the fact that it was made-for-cable-tv has something to do with it. I guess Goodtimes or Universal has the rights and I imagine the intended ratio is 1.33:1 since it was shot for television. "Psycho" (1960), "Psycho II" (1983), "Psycho III" (1986), and "Psycho IV: The Beginning" (1990) were all great films and it would be nice to complete the series on DVD. Anthony Perkins was an extraordinary actor and a great man.:emoji_thumbsup: :)
The 1998 remake and the tv-movie "Bates Motel" (1987) are lame. How can you have a "Psycho" film without Anthony Perkins? You can't, IMO.

Will K

Screenwriter
Anthony Perkins was an extraordinary actor and a great man
You share my sentiments. Of all the celebrities that have passed the last twenty years, he's the only one I remember where I was when I heard the news.
Although I mixed feelings on Psycho IV, I would want to have for completist purposes and for the simple reason it was Tony's last turn as Norman. There is a Goodtimes VHS edition so I'm not quite sure why no DVD.
Psycho II, on the other hand, has GOT to be remastered. The Goodtimes DVD is absolutely horrible and I wish Universal would show a little respect by honoring Tony's memory with a sparkingly new DVD. What a great performance he gave in that!

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Psycho II is a great movie. I think it even does justice to Hitchcock's classic...but it has got to be re-mastered in the correct OAR.
Since the current Goodtimes version is on OOP, perhaps a new release is in the works?

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I read a while back Anchor Bay was possibly interested in re-doing the Psycho sequels, which would make me very happy. Though they are pretty silly, Psycho II isn't all that bad, although I don't know how I feel about that twist ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks