"Psycho IV: The Beginning"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Temple, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Scott Temple

Scott Temple Supporting Actor

I can't understand why this film hasn't been released on DVD yet. Maybe the fact that it was made-for-cable-tv has something to do with it. I guess Goodtimes or Universal has the rights and I imagine the intended ratio is 1.33:1 since it was shot for television. "Psycho" (1960), "Psycho II" (1983), "Psycho III" (1986), and "Psycho IV: The Beginning" (1990) were all great films and it would be nice to complete the series on DVD. Anthony Perkins was an extraordinary actor and a great man.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    The 1998 remake and the tv-movie "Bates Motel" (1987) are lame. How can you have a "Psycho" film without Anthony Perkins? You can't, IMO.

2. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

3. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

Psycho II is a great movie. I think it even does justice to Hitchcock's classic...but it has got to be re-mastered in the correct OAR.
    Since the current Goodtimes version is on OOP, perhaps a new release is in the works?

4. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

I read a while back Anchor Bay was possibly interested in re-doing the Psycho sequels, which would make me very happy. Though they are pretty silly, Psycho II isn't all that bad, although I don't know how I feel about that twist ending.