Psycho II Fans - DVD Petition

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Will K, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

It's time for Universal to dust off their negative for Psycho II and shine it up for a new DVD. I, for one, am tired of the old, ratty-looking 1.33 GoodTimes disc. Psycho II deserves a new lease on life and a little respect. If you're with me, please stop in and sign my petition at the link below.
    [​IMG]

2. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

I've read that Anchor Bay is considering redoing the Psycho sequels. Haven't heard anything lately though.

3. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

That would be awesome. They have done some Universal titles in the past so maybe there's some hope.

4. Blake Comeaux

Blake Comeaux Stunt Coordinator

I just signed the petition. This is one of my favorite horror/mystery films and an excellent sequel that doesn't just try to redo Psycho. It has been neglected far too long avaiable only in standard versions. 16:9 enhancement and a documentary about tackling the task of doing a sequel of what is widely considered the best horror film of all time (especially with a 22 year gap between them)

5. Steven_J_H

Steven_J_H Stunt Coordinator

Steven
    I also signed. I still have my full screen ld of this movie and would love to see a fully restored version.

6. Frank Sadler

Frank Sadler Agent

I signed.

Psycho II SE DVD would be most welcome.

7. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

The fact that Psycho II isn't available in OAR...and Psycho III is...has kept me from purchasing both.
    I'd love to add both of these to my collection (perhaps with Psycho IV: The Beginning as well?)...

8. Allan Mack

Allan Mack Supporting Actor

I doubt if Universal will redo Psycho II. Robert Harris himself has gone on record saying that it would be a total waste of money to even redo the first Psycho.
    It would be a great irony if the sequels get all-new anamorphic OAR treatments while the original masterpiece continues to suffer its non-anamorphic fate...

9. Josh Simpson

Well, I disagree with Mr. Robert Harris if he said the first one doesn't even deserve remastering. Go Anchor Bay. Give us more of your great horror DVD's to buy.

10. Josh Simpson

I take that back about Harris. His work on Rear Window and Vertigo restorations were great. I am just disappointed at not having Psycho and Vertigo in the best possible presentations.