Psycho 2 and Psycho 3 re-releases coming?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alistair_M, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Alistair_M

Alistair_M Second Unit

I like all three Anthony Perkins psycho films.

The Hitchock version is a great dvd with superb extras.

But both Psycho 2 and Psycho 3 seem to be pretty poor releases - I think Psycho 2 is open matt and Psycho 3 non-anamorphic.

They were released in 1999 - surely its time for new special editions (I'd love Anthony Perkins commentaries).

Anyone with any info? I think they are Universal (although on dvdplanet it said Goodtimes).

Many thanks

2. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Producer

Damin J. Toell

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Many of the Goodtimes licenses have expired just recently, though. If this is one of them, Universal owns them outright again. And they've been putting out remakes of the stuff the licensed to Image, so you never know. I would like to get at least Psycho 2 myself (#3 would have to be cheap for me to get it).

In fact, Goodtimes isn't Goodtimes anymore. They were bought by Quadrangle Capital Partners, who renamed the division to "GT Brands".

4. Scott Temple

Scott Temple Supporting Actor

All three "Psycho" DVDs need new transfers. 1 & 3 need to be anamorphic and 2 needs to be matted to 1.85:1 and 16:9 enhanced. "Psycho II" should also be an SE. A SE of "Psycho III" would be nice, but I don't think it is as warranted as part two.

And yes, Anthony Perkins, unfortunately, died on September 12, 1992 at age 60 from complications of AIDS, so commentaries are out of the question. There will never be another Norman Bates as far as I'm concerned.
    [​IMG]

5. Kenneth English

Kenneth English Second Unit

I hope these do get rereleased. I own the Goodtimes DVDs of PSYCHO II and III and they're okay but PSYCHO II has never been available in widescreen in any format. I'd gladly trade up.

6. Steven_J_H

Steven_J_H Stunt Coordinator

Steven
    I have 2,3, and 4 on laserdisc (full screen sadly) but at laest they are Univeral releases and not GT. I also would like to see 2 and 3 in widescreen (4 was a Showtime movie I think).

7. Kenneth English

Kenneth English Second Unit

8. Dave Stone

Dave Stone Auditioning

I have Psycho 2 & 3 from Goodtimes and both are decent for the price (6.99).

I would still purchase a widescreen Psycho 2 with improved sound and extras. I'd also like to see Psycho IV on DVD.

9. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

I'd definitely upgrade for an OAR Psycho 2 (one of the few non-OAR discs in my collection--I didn't know the AR when I ordered it online and I like the movie too well to part with it just yet).