Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I received an initial e-mail asking for contact info and proof of purchase, but nothing after that. In other cases, I've been sent a replacement disc without ever receiving an e-mail reply.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
I received an initial e-mail asking for contact info and proof of purchase, but nothing after that. In other cases, I've been sent a replacement disc without ever receiving an e-mail reply.
Same here. I responded to the request for shipping info and proof of purchase on 9/16, but they haven't contacted me since then.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Stuff like "Jaws" or "Temple of Doom" or even "Logan's Run", with all its nudity. (Though I kinda think that one would be "R" today!)
Oh, I'd say Logan would probably get nothing harsher than a PG-13. I feel as though I've seen other PG-13 movies with as much nudity in them (though not recent movies).

It's too bad for Jenny Agutter fans that the additional nudity from the test-audience print (that had to be removed to keep the film from getting an "R" rating) still hasn't surfaced to this day (along with all the other trimmed footage).

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
What movies ??
I addition to Psycho, there was An American Werewolf in London, Get Out, Happy Death Day and Happy Death Day 2U. The hang tags on the shelf said they were still $7.50 but I didn't check the price checker. They do not appear to be available at Target.com ...

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Oh, I'd say Logan would probably get nothing harsher than a PG-13. I feel as though I've seen other PG-13 movies with as much nudity in them (though not recent movies).

It's too bad for Jenny Agutter fans that the additional nudity from the test-audience print (that had to be removed to keep the film from getting an "R" rating) still hasn't surfaced to this day (along with all the other trimmed footage).
As memory serves, there's always Walkabout ....

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Key phrase bolded for emphasis! :)

MPAA has gotten much tougher on nudity over the years - and less tough on violence, I think.

What PG-13s do you think had as much skin as "Logan's Run"?

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
Hmmm - anybody else get a reply re: the replacement? I sent my info in on 9/16 and have not heard anything since.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill

Agreed. Not recent, but Dreamscape would have fit this category, as would Brainstorm [which got a PG in 1983, but would've got a PG-13 when the rating first came in]. The PG-13 has become utterly meaningless these days, as the early PG-13 movies had plenty of blood and some brief nudity, but current PG-13 titles have no nudity and largely bloodless violence. The recent Enola Holmes on Netflix got a PG-13, as did Bill & Ted Face the Music, but they would've received PG ratings in the 80s, as the violence in the similar Young Sherlock Holmes was far more extreme and got a PG-13 in 1986. I still laugh at the fact that Whale Rider got a PG-13 for a brief drug reference [someone hiding a bag of weed from his impressionable niece]. There's no consistency, and ratings below R are toothless.

Reactions: B-ROLL

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I think a lot of it is filmmakers covet that PG-13. It's seen as the biggest crowd-drawing rating... those who aren't old enough to see R-rated films on their own feel like they're getting something 'more adult' than a PG movie (and wouldn't touch anything rated G with a barge pole, as those films 'are for babies') and parents feel more at ease taking kids to a PG-13 rather than an R movie.

The days of producers aiming what is supposed to be a major tent-pole film at a G (like Paramount did with Star Trek: The Motion Picture) are long gone. "G" is seen as kiddie fare, PG-13 is seen as 'more cutting-edge than PG', which sort of puts PG in the middle.

Reactions: B-ROLL

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I guess I'm fairly desensitized, but I still get surprised by a rating sometimes. I thought it was interesting when the sixth Harry Potter film got a PG, despite having some of the scariest moments in the series and an overall dreary atmosphere (and after the previous two being PG-13).

Reactions: usrunnr

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
You’re not alone in that - the filmmakers were aiming for PG-13 and were utterly baffled by the lower rating, but it’s not like they were gonna go back and dub in Harry dropping an f-bomb to get back to PG-13. :)

Reactions: Bryan Tuck

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTomhHD