What's new

Pre-Order Psycho (1960) 60th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I wonder if they realized they didn't have the original mono mix for the extended version until the last minute so they folded down the remix and put it where the original mono track was already allocated.
I believe it was as simple as an incorrect element being pulled. There’s this flu thing affecting businesses.

• Appreciate
Reactions: PMF

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thumbs up to Universal for doing the right thing!

Agreed. This won’t be cheap for them; the cost of authoring new discs, replication, and replacement could eat up a significant chunk of the profits the disc was expected to generate.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Agreed. This won’t be cheap for them; the cost of authoring new discs, replication, and replacement could eat up a significant chunk of the profits the disc was expected to generate.
They shouldn't have released a defective product. Is it that difficult to have excellent product quality? Perhaps, it is difficult in this pandemic work situation.

Last edited:

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
But they do have the mono mix for the missing footage - it's on the German blu-ray, and there's no dialogue over those bits that might be problematic. It's the remix that would have required more work to cover the additional footage.

So, the German blu-ray is a 100% correct representation of the original theatrical print? Just wanted to be sure.

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
So how does the replacement plan work all it is is a email address. It doesn't provide any information on what you have to do as far as sending in the old disc or the receipt or whatever

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
In the past, once they’ve created a generic form letter with instructions, they’ll send out that email to everyone who has filled out the form or written in. During non pandemic times it usually takes a couple weeks; may take longer now.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
They shouldn't have released a defective product. Is it that difficult to have excellent product quality? Perhaps, it is difficult in this pandemic work situation.
That's true but at the same time, I've seen plenty of discs with problems over the years and the companies just say everything is fine or ignore the complaints or fix it on the next release that they sell so that Universal is replacing the discs and correcting their mistake deserves some credit in my mind.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That's true but at the same time, I've seen plenty of discs with problems over the years and the companies just say everything is fine or ignore the complaints or fix it on the next release that they sell so that Universal is replacing the discs and correcting their mistake deserves some credit in my mind.
I don't have a problem with you giving them credit, but at the same time that doesn't mean I have to do so.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just received an email from Universal’s replacement vendor asking for my mailing details and either my purchase receipt or a photo of the disc.

My guess is that they’re collecting information now and that it will probably take a month to manufacture and be ready to distribute new discs.

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
If I may ask, which method did you use to contact them did you email them or did you use that direct link? Thanks!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I just received an email from Universal’s replacement vendor asking for my mailing details and either my purchase receipt or a photo of the disc.

My guess is that they’re collecting information now and that it will probably take a month to manufacture and be ready to distribute new discs.
Same here, received the email and have returned to them the information that was requested. They were really prompt on this. Three cheers for them.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce

I have not received such an e-mail - did you e-mail, as I did, from the Digital Bits e-mail link?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I filled out a generic customer service request last week, before the Bits had posted the info. They may be going in the order received.

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
yesterday I emailed them using the digital bits email link and then later in the day I also sent them the direct link. The direct link sent me an e-mail that was no reply which was just basically a restatement of what I had told them so it was totally worthless. It was just a return of my own email information without any instructions on how to obtain The Replacement.

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
I just received the same sort of response - essentially a carbon copy of my submitted information and remarks / request.

I'll assume that's a confirmation USHE has collected my information and will eventually route it to their replacement vendor.

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
yesterday I emailed them using the digital bits email link and then later in the day I also sent them the direct link. The direct link sent me an e-mail that was no reply which was just basically a restatement of what I had told them so it was totally worthless. It was just a return of my own email information without any instructions on how to obtain The Replacement.
I got the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks