What's new

Pre-Order Psycho (1960) 60th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81DkAEAensL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Does anyone know the running time of the cut and uncut versions?
It's only a handful of shots here and there, probably not even enough to add a minute to the total running time, but it changes the feel of the scenes.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know the running time of the cut and uncut versions?

If I'm not mistaken (and someone WILL correct me, I'm sure!) two scenes were trimmed, the shower and Arbogast's death. The second scene apparently has much more impact. I believe it's not a huge difference in running times.

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
Just for the sake of argument, even the uncut version is really more a PG13 than R. It's quite tame given what R encompasses nowadays. :blink: THE BIRDS if anything is more graphic, and that's a PG13.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Just for the sake of argument, even the uncut version is really more a PG13 than R. It's quite tame given what R encompasses nowadays. :blink: THE BIRDS if anything is more graphic, and that's a PG13.

Psycho for as long as I've been watching it has been R

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
Its first rating with the MPAA post 1968 was M, "Mature Audiences." This was the equivalent of PG!

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Psycho for as long as I've been watching it has been R. In this day and age it would still get that rating due to the violent content of the picture, the shower scene alone is enough for an R rating.

The Birds being PG-13 is due to all of the violence caused by the real stars of the film.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Uncut and a new 4K master good, not liking that it seems to only have a DTS:X mix without the original mono. I'm hoping that's just temp art since even the Jaws 4K has original mono.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Psycho for as long as I've been watching it has been R. In this day and age it would still get that rating due to the violent content of the picture, the shower scene alone is enough for an R rating.

How so? You see no graphic content.

I know it got an "R" but I don't know when it got an "R". I would guess this occurred prior to the existence of "PG-13".

I see nothing in "Psycho" that warrants more than "PG-13" - and honestly, it barely warrants that rating...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks