What's new

Psyched for Star Trek:TNG on dvd (And yes I know it is not official).... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I know it is not official. But, it is pretty close to official. I cannot tell you how excited I am that it will be coming to dvd. I have been holding back from watching them in sydication. The next time I see them will be on pristine quality dvd.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I think its pretty official as there is a ad in the new Star Trek Magazine for the last TOS dvd which has the Cage on it , and has a small bubble which says Look for the Next Generation DVD season collectors sets coming March 2002 :) I guess thats official

Capt

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
I just wanted to say HELL YEAH, ST:TNG on DVD is going to be awesome. I hope they put some effort into providing good transfers.

marshall

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Also excited, but I hate to think of the many hundreds I spent on the Columbia House VHS complete collection, now moldering in the basement...

Tom Boucher

Second Unit
Real Name
Tom
Sell it on ebay! Seriously. I sold a lot of them on eBay a while back, in lots of three. Didn't get the $24.95 each I paid for em, but it's money towards the DVDs....

PatrickM

Screenwriter
ST:TNG season sets are going to cost me a fortune but man are they going to be worth it!

Patrick

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
I sold all my B5 laserdiscs on ebay for over $600. And that was only 1/2 of the show. They never released the other half, so it would have been close to $1300 for the entire series on laser. Bring on the dvds. I plan on buying all the seasons of the star trek dvds. I'll need a wall devoted to just star trek soon.

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
I know what you mean Alex. I'm hoping to buy double DVD cases to replace my ST:TOS cases and take up half the room.

I can't wait to see season one, and to hear it in 5.1.

Norm

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know how much time before a dvd comes out that Paramount formally announces it (ie-1 month, 2 months, 3 weeks, etc.).

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
I think its pretty official as there is a ad in the new Star Trek Magazine for the last TOS dvd which has the Cage on it , and has a small bubble which says Look for the Next Generation DVD season collectors sets coming March 2002
Actually, DVD Empire indicates in its description of the Volume 40 ST:TOS disc that a trailer for the upcoming Season One set for ST:TNG will be included. We'll see!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
From today's Digital Bits:

And now for that Star Trek news. Paramount has confirmed that the Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season One - Collector's Edition will arrive on DVD in March. The 7-disc set will include all 26 episodes of the show's first season, along with more than 2 hours worth of cast & crew interviews and rare behind-the-scenes footage (much of which has never been seen before). And just FYI, if you happen to pick up Star Trek: The Original Series, Volume 40 (which completes the entire original series on DVD), you'll find a preview trailer for the TNG DVDs.
Not really anything we don't know, but at least it's now official. I am extremely grateful to Paramount for going with no less than 7 discs. That ought to eliminate compression problems.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
There's really only one piece of information we don't have on this release - the price. Hopefully it won't exceed the $150 list Fox puts on its 7-disc "X-Files" sets.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure how many of you recall this.
When STARTREK.COM did their survey about these a few months back, one of the supplements they asked about our interest in being included was a "Nit-Picker's Guide" pop-up track.
I got psyched up when I read that...what a cool feature that would be!
Since it hasn't been mentioned other than the survey, I guess it won't be in the general release. Too bad :frowning: ; it would've been spectacular!!

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
When STARTREK.COM did their survey about these a few months back, one of the supplements they asked about our interest in being included was a "Nit-Picker's Guide" pop-up track.
Perhaps the pop-up info provided on the ST:TMP release by way of subtitles turned out to be more complicated for Paramount to accomplish than they counted on. The survey was posted while that disc was being finished, so they may have thought it a viable feature at the time. Me, I thought the text-based insider facts were great.
It's also possible that Paramount didn't want to appear too negative with something called the "Nit-Picker's Guide." You know how squeamish these companies are about sullying the good name of their product! :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I wonder more if it doesn't have to do with a possible failure to secure the rights to the title of the books. After all, Paramount might not have been willing to pay the cost.

If I was the publisher of those books, I'd probably ask for A LOT, too. Think about it: the books would be obsolete after the info in them was all used up on the DVD's!

Wish it coulda happenned, tho'...

Jovan J

Grip
I can't wait for the TREK dvds. I just don't know how long will it be till we get all seven seasons.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If Paramount's "leaked" schedule is accurate, it should take a little over a year. It had them coming out every other month.

Also, everybody's saying they're upset that certain features aren't being included. How do you know? Has there been an official list of features yet? If so, I missed it. Could somebody paste it here?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks