What's new

PSYCH Season One ongoing discussion (1 Viewer)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Best episode yet. Convincing the hotel staff that he was a special agent for INTERPOL, then running up the police detective's suite bill with room service
was absolutely hysterical.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The "Speak Now or Forever hold your Piece" episode is my favorite so far.

My favorite moment is when Shawn finds the dead body in the dum waiter
then is stopped my Lassitier, and Shawn fakes another psych moment chasing him through the hotel kitchen.

I also like the scene with Shawn and Juliet at the resturant.

Also, I forgot exactly where, but Shawn used another "banana" line in this episode, which I thought was funny. After remembering the one from Spelling Bee

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The show stays funny.. but I wonder how far this premise will go. They need to build it into where people also believe he's a PI, not just a psychic.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
And the third episode gets even better.

The seance scene was a riot.

I wonder if the money will ever be mentioned in a future episode?

:laugh:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
the Woman seeking Dead Husband episode was funny, not my favorite, little bit of a let down. But still liking the show alot.

I would say the funniest part was the "picking 3" scene. So stupid(the good way), yet so very funny.

Well, I got the impression they probally DID find the money after a litttle digging. I'm wondering if they maybe skimmed a little off the top. just a little.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
OK. I have to admit, the "Up Up and Away" bit made me laugh much harder then it was intended. Yes, it's an old gag I've seen done before, but the way the detective reacted killed me.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
9 Lives episode was a good one.

I loved the "The shower for two" line and the hang in there kitty poster Shawn hung up in the closet.
Also looks like Lassiter is warming up to Shawn(near the end)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
They didn't mention the money at all in the newest episode as far as I noticed.

Did anyone catch the rerun tonight on NBC though in HD? Was it just me or was the picture really grainy for this?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I caught this on NBC last night. Saw the beginning with the nice blonde cop and decided to watch it. :) The spelling bee stuff was funny.

~T

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This weeks ep was great lol. I also loved the "Shower for two" line. :laugh:

The actor who plays Shawn is a great physical comedian, he reminds me of John Ritter a little when he was on Three's Company.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I liked it better than the cat episode. I just wish they hadn't given the best joke away in the promos. "Lieutenant Crunch -- Actually, I've been promoted...". I like that they worked Corbin Bernsen in to more than just the opening segment.

Regards,

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've just watched the lost ring/wedding episode and found myself thinking this is getting a little repetative. Not a good sign for me. I think they could drop all those shots showing how he observes all the clues in a scene.

I'm not quite finding all the "in a trance" gryrations he goes thru as funny as the first couple of times.

I do like the cross-promoting commercials they've been doing with this show and the Monk and the Dead Zone.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The Who you gonna call? episode was really good.
Lots of great one liners and I love the psych moment when Shawn is writting on the glass door.

Plus, for the first time, I actually liked the flashback scene when Shawn was a kid.
I've really hated those moments, but really liked it this week.

Next week is the season finale, where Shawn and Gus attend Comic Con
I sure hope they get renewed for season 2

SIDE NOTE: i really don't find the "highlighted" moments when Shawn spots a clue.
It makes it unusual, apart from other shows. Plus it's a whacky comedy, so it's good there's a little bit ofa non-realism to it.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well, I guess last night episode was the last of the season. The good news is it will be back in January.

I liked how they mentioned this in the episode. At the end they mention that the police chief should take some time off and come back in January.

I am looking forward to January.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Me too. That was a hoot. I thought it would be a one-joke series that would run out of steam before the third episode.

Well, it IS a one-joke series :), but I thought it actually picked up steam as it went.

I hope they get the chance to develop more arc story lines next season. There are a bunch of questions I would like answered:

1. Did they ever find the money?

Okay, so that's the only question. But it's a BIG question.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks