What's new

PSYCH Season One ongoing discussion (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Has anyone seen the commercial for this show on USA yet? It looks freakin' hilarious and completely original, it's called Psyche and it starts right after Monk July 7 at 10pm.

It's about a young smart-ass freelance detective who claims to be psychic but really isn't, he's a fraud. That's really all I can tell you about it lol.

I'm definitely checking it out. :emoji_thumbsup:

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
The premiere was pretty entertaining, and I already like the mix of characters and the relationship with the dad... I'll definitely continue tuning in...

I also love the double-meaning of the title..."Psych" for "psychic", but also as in a "Gotcha!" fake-out...it just sorta sums up the whole premise in a neat little one-word package.

I'm also loving all the USA commercials mixing Monk, Psych, and The Dead Zone... :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I really enjoyed the series premiere, too. The comedy seems to be spot on and the chemistry between the characters is great, this one will go far I think.

I'm in. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
USA does a great job promoting their shows ahead of time. After months of commercials, I felt like I already knew the main character.

The show is good. I liked Dule Hill on "The West Wing" and think he'll develop into a really good character on here.

It was a lot of fun!

It'll be interesting to see how long the gimmick holds up. The show has likable actors and a great "feel," but I'll be interested to see how long writers keep the ruse going.

So far, so good!

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I finally got to watch this. I really liked it. I am definitely going to give it a chance. There are many directions this could go and it will be fun to see what the writers have in store for us.

On a side note: I really appreciate the way the new shows on cable channels are usually shown more than once in a week. Like Blade, HEX and Phyche have been shown at various dates and times. This makes watching them much easier. And if you miss an episode, chances are you can catch it on another day that week.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I have a request for the mods, could one of you please change the header for this thread to something like 'PSYCH ongoing discussion'? The current title doesn't really fit anymore.

Thank you. :emoji_thumbsup:

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
The show is actually pretty funny. As with many other shows, I just wonder how long they could possibly keep the gag up.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I laughed a lot. I really like the actors, and the dialog is actually written pretty well.

To be honest, it's like "Murder She Wrote" with a wry sense of humor. :)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
My wife and I enjoyed this a lot, too. Usually this means it is doomed, but on a smaller network, it should be given a better chance. :)

Regards,

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
It fits right in with "Monk" so I think it will do well. I also enjoyed the premiere and plan to keep watching it. I really like the main character.

Here's to hoping it does well.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I liked it a lot too. I hope they keep it following Monk as this will give a good one, two punch to Friday nights.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I agree that this show is perfectly matched with Monk, I wouldn't dream of splitting them up. :emoji_thumbsup:

For me, there's an added bonus on USA on Friday nights, I recently got into House (love that show) and I like that they show reruns after Psych.

Thanks, Parker for changing the topic header. :emoji_thumbsup:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker

No problemo.

Have you noticed how much they have taken on the Monkism of "Here's the thing!"

Personally I thought they could come up with something else for him to say.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Friday's episode was my introduction to the show. I wasn't sold until, to quote Matt:With the sentence something like, "The man went down to the show to buy some mitchum... and bananas." Rolling on the floor hysterical.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I just watched the first two episodes and absolutely love this show.
I love the chemistry between Gus and Spencer.

I love Spencer's smartass sarcassam.

The only thing I really don't like right now is the relationship between the father and Spencer.

While I was surprised the wrote out the one female police officer(as being transfered) but can maybe see why, as they maybe thought they needed a hot blonde to add to the show.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
NBC will be HD airing at least two episodes on August 7 and 14. That's 24 days beyond the USA broadcast date which is too long a wait for me. I'd have Pcyche withdrawals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks