What's new

PSYCH Season 2 ongoing discussion (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Lights, Camera...Homicidio!

I had a lot of fun wiith this episode.
Loved how they did a spanish version of the theme song.

It was great how everything was over the top, just like a real spanish soap opera.

My favorite scene is when Shawn and Gus are in the dressing room of the suspected killer and they see his family photo and they are making fun of his sister that looks like a dude.
The only thing I didn't like was the side story of Jules meeting that female cop.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
An added treat during this round of episodes are the Adventures of Little Gus and Shawn. The first one, with them exploring the girls' restroom, was pretty funny.

That being said, Psych continues to be our favorite "light" show.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I guess they have to throw in a little here and there for the rest of the staff. Actually it could be just Gus and Shawn with no other regular characters and I would be fine with it.

James Roday and Dule Hill play off each other so well that you really feel that they have been best friends since their childhood.

I miss the extras at the end of the show with a lot of off camera singing, etc.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
They still did them the last two weeks, but squished to the side while the illegible credits stream past at hyperspeed. The "...Homicidio" episode has a pretty cute one with Lassiter lip synching to Gus's vocals.

LCD22

Screenwriter

You can view them, as well as "The Big Adventures of Little Shawn and Gus" (I wonder if these animated shorts will be on the Season 2 DVD), on psych.usanetwork.com. They also put up a video interview with animator J.J. Sedelmaier.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Yeah, the Psych site is pretty cool like that - kill A LOT of time catching up on old eps and checking out the Psych-outs (I think they're longer on the web).
Looking forward to tonights epi!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else see tonight's episode? It was written by creator and showrunner Steve Franks with star James Roday. I really liked it. Not only was it one of the better conceived mysteries that the show has come up with, it was also one of the first episodes to give us a glimpse of what's going on under Shawn's exterior.
The scene at the end between Shawn and his father was very instructive. Considering we've only ever previously seen the two act beligerently toward each other, it was sort of shocking seeing Shawn's dad be so frank about the situation. And then Shawn's angry and serious response before he managed to rein it in. It was a scene that greatly built upon the complexity of their relationship. Regardless of Shawn's father's faults he was the one who stuck around.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm curious to know why there's been hardly any mention about Shawn's mother.
They mentioned her in this last episode but we haven't seen her at all

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I thought it was an unusual ending for this show. I enjoyed it.

So next week is the season finale?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Shawn(and Gus) of the Dead

was a fun and great season finale.
Shawn's mother FINALLY comes into the picture.
But we didn't get to see her.
I'm wondering who it will be in Season 3.

I liked how they got 3 mysteries all wrapped up together.

Now we just have to wait until about June for season 3

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The last two weeks have been stellar. Everything just gelled together effortless. Good solid mysteries and a great deal of fun. Loved Gus's monologue from the security booth. Loved that when Jules called Shawn he was perched on a children's playground taking sleazy private eye photos.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
And I loved that the chief was the one who hired him to take those sleazy photos. It'll be interesting to see who they get for the mom. Probably going to be a big name, but hopefully not so big that they can only get her a couple more times in the series.

Can't wait until the summer season!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks